Supercloset secret society (s.s.s)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GRbudstar, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Cab and tent grows moving along, mains trained to perimeter, plants reorganized by height, and undercarriages defoliated. Now just keeping height of mains even until they reach 12/12 height.

Three 8-main Vortexes in cab, 2 more inches til 12/12:
    IMG_7837.JPG

IMG_7838.JPG

Two 8-main Jack the Rippers (back), an 8-main Jillybean (bottom right), and a 16-main Vortex (bottom left):
    IMG_7835.JPG

IMG_7836.JPG
    Jtrs and Jb are shorter strains than vortex, and these plants germed about a week to 10 days behind cab vortexes. Hoping they catch up to 16-main tent vortex in next week, then probably another 7-10 days to 12/12.

Can't say enough goodness about having plants in fully mobile individual units (wheels, detachable bubbler hoses, trellises).

• Like Like x 1
  2. Looking really good! I gotta say I'm really liking the individual buckets too. Probably gonna stick with the big tank in my cab but I'll probably switch it up when going to a tent.

3. Hygrometer lids for my miron jars arrived!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thinking about two 16-main plants in the cab next time and two 32-main plants in tent, each in indiv reservoirs.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Those are sweet!

You have the prettiest curing jars, at least compared to mine:
    IMG_7841.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  6. I like the miron glass jars a lot even though I admit they are overpriced. Still glass so still inert as far as doing anything to the weed goes, but blocks out UV light so it keeps stuff fresher for longer. They also seal up nice and air tight just like ball jars!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Do it!

• Like Like x 1
  8. #9028 Or_Gro, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Closed cardboard boxes work well to keep uv out, too. Course, not a display worthy.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I'll have clones of these three strains going during holidays (so i can leave a week or so without worrying about water).

When i come back i'll start the longer process of topping & training. Interested in determining impact on height, yield, and cola size. I have so much reef, time won't matter.

Already can't wait to get to this.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Took a few microscope pictures -- little blurry because of fans. Looking like mostly clear and a few starting to cloud up?
    2017-9-16-1.jpg 2017-9-16-2.jpg
    Will try to get some better ones tomorrow during weekly water change / hair cut.

11. Can't really tell, you have higher magnification?

12. #9032 Steakbomb, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    No, but when we get pics tomorrow we can do higher resolution / still branches. Should make it easier to see.

Edit - I stand corrected - we can do higher magnification. We'll definitely have some good pictures tomorrow!

• Like Like x 1
  13. #9033 Steakbomb, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    Alright... attempt #2...
    2017-9-16-3.jpg 2017-9-16-4.jpg 2017-9-16-7.jpg 2017-9-16-8.jpg 2017-9-16-11.jpg
    Definitely a lot of clear / minimal cloudy so far. Which is good because I want to see these buds fatten up some more!

14. Bins are pretty much light-proofed now.
    [​IMG]
    Mag-light right against the inside wall is faintly visible.

I'm going to give this a good week to cure then do another round of paint, this time gloss white so any light hitting the lid gets reflected more. I'm thinking the extra layers of an opaque color should also finish up light-proofing.

15. Very nice! Just think what you could accomplish if you weren't a stoner.

• Like Like x 1
  16. A tip for anyone thinking about buying a reverse osmosis rig, consider buying a NEW dehumidifier instead (not a hand/me-down, a new one).

Under the right conditions (like, your ambient air has relative humidity above 40%) a dehumidifier will be a 2fer, near-zero ppm water supply and humidity control. I pull out 1 to 3 gal per day of water that is so pure that it's a frigginpainintheass to adjust down to 6.0 pH.

17. I would guess about the same, just with less giggling along the way.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yours have bud in them, I think that alone makes your jars prettier oro lol but keep us updated on those jars, I'm interested, I was looking at covers for regular jars that have a hygrometer built into them, but they were $16, these don't even cost twice as much and they're tinted out for UV. They look professional too

PK's roof-top organic grow

• Like Like x 2
  19. Hey PK, do you get much rain in the Fall? If so, what do you do to protect your rooftop plants from rot?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Yo dude, I'm actually from Rhode Island, we get considerably less rain then Massachusetts does. My wife used to live in Mass when we were dating, it would always be raining-cloudy in Norwood and I'd have blue skies here in RI

But, I have a window leading out to my roof, and I have a window awning that I pull over my plants when it does rain. I can take a pic when I get home, it's pretty sweet, looks low key, easily fits 2 nice and 1 small plant. Looks like I might need it for this Jose storm lol

PK's roof-top organic grow

• Like Like x 2