Supercloset secret society (s.s.s)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GRbudstar, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Added 4L of soup this morning - seems I'm getting pretty close to the saturation point. Usually TDS has gone up by 20-30 when I add a gallon of soup; today was only a 10pt jump. TDS now sitting at 1280.

Gonna go big this weekend and just add all soup. Guessing it'll cap out around 1400 or so - may or may not get there with this change.

2. another thermometer died ystrday so i got out my crdless one..i have 3..you calibrate the remote to the base and then place probe in the soup..keep the base inside on my desk and it let me know when i nd to chng frz pks..they are extremely hndy..got a range of about 100-120'..previously i had one for each res and one for the cab..then i could monitor temps frm my desk 000_6647.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  3. That's gotta be very helpful for desert growing!

4. Root mister is 100% successful turning cuttings -> clones. The way to go when making clones - simple, dummyproof, effective.

3 vortex clones transplanted earlier (as close to identical triplets as you can get):
    IMG_7734.JPG

Jack the Rippers (4, front), and Jillybeans (3, back) go into net cups this weekend (big roots straight to hydroton, small ones into rapid rooters in hydroton):
    IMG_7732.JPG

5. Grower stopped by today and gave me some pics of the kids. Think the one is getting a little nute burn (we think). They said it is needed to be filled back up every other day. So they are backing off on the nutes a little to see what happens. This plant is 12 weeks into the grow so should be getting close to harvest time. The plant doesn't look ready to go yet, but maybe in a week or two.

The last pic is the clone in the new tent. Now they are buying another light for the tent so they can grow 3 plants at once. IMG_0001-800x600.JPG IMG_0004-800x600.JPG IMG_0003-800x600.JPG IMG_0006-800x600.JPG IMG_0009-800x600.JPG IMG_0013-800x600.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  6. #9006 Steakbomb, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    Man those colas look GREAT!

Agree that does look like some nute burn at the leaf tips. Might be close enough to harvest that it may not matter though?

7. #9007 Or_Gro, Sep 15, 2017
    Beautiful plants, should yield good, how tall? Looks like indica-dons.

The clawing and edge browning are signs of nute burn, the yellowing looks like light burn, edpeciallythe white cola tips. How close are lights to it? Could also be affect of light at ok distance but affecting overnuted parts. When plants are nearly done, the fan leaves yellow, too.

8. Ya, I hope those big colas come out good.

Also can't wait to see the yield off that big one. Yes these are northern lights plants.
    Not sure on the height. They said the light was far enough away from it. So I think we are just looking at nute burn.

9. Have they checked the trichs yet? Any amber?

10. Nope still looks clear/white no amber look at all.

11. The next two clones. The going straight clone to bloom nutes did not work out so well. They tried it because it worked with their tomato plants. So now we have these two clones coming up the normal way. IMG_0011.JPG IMG_0010.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  12. #9012 Or_Gro, Sep 15, 2017
    The good thing about an experiment not working out is that you know for sure what doesn't work. Lots of experiments don't tell you squat.

Those northern lights too? They're lookin good. Looks like 2 mains on the bottom one(s).

13. Yes they are nl. These are from the plants in the pictures above. I started out with 3 female seeds and 1 never sprouted. Have been taking clones from them since. We really like this strain and figure why change it just yet. I do have some THC bomb seeds as well.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Glad to hear it, they make good lookin colas. I have some nl seeds, can't wait to mainline them.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Here in the desert temps are gettin cool at nite....time to get the indr cleaned up and ready to go..very little to do though just housekeeping..i'll be using my 48x3w for now..drp'd some Purple Star i was given bk in 2014 and hope they germ..none of my HAZKS seeds did.. 000_6642.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  16. Almost to 12/12 height in cab, pics tomorrow.

The skunk has returned!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Curing jars & boveda packs acquired!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. Not enuff

• Like Like x 1
  19. They should hold about 2oz each loosely packed. I have a number of smaller jars I can use if I need to but I'm not anticipating 20oz+ (even though that would be amazing)...

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. cubic inch wet ~ 1g dry