Supercloset secret society (s.s.s)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GRbudstar, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Tent girls went into their tomato cages and got their mains tied for training to 10" positioning wire.

So, now just counting down to 12/12 for cab and tent.

2. #8942 Steakbomb, Sep 10, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    Water change and defol complete.
    Out - 40L
    In - 16L water, 32L solution
    Total 28L used this week
    TDS: 1140 -> 1130

Got an extra bucket of soup ready to go - gonna use that for top-up this week and shoot to be at 1250ish or so by next weekend.

Deck on buckets:
    [​IMG]
    After defol (mini fans back underneath):
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Still no new white tips:
    [​IMG]

Also took the opportunity to recalibrate the guardian monitor again - thinking it would probably need it next weekend anyway and it was easier to do with the lid off.

• Like Like x 3
  3. #8943 Or_Gro, Sep 10, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    Absolutely beautiful, steak!!! You and your wife have got to be proud.

I love those side views; and even after cleaning undercarriage, there still isn't much light shining on deck, confirming you did the right thing.

All those colas are just itching to fatten up.

Clean your bong and shine up your gatling bowl!

• Like Like x 1
  4. We're pretty happy with how things have been turning out save for the minor bleaching scare. Another couple of weeks and we're probably gonna start checking things out with the usb microscope.

I'm not sure if I actually am going to need the top level of my screen for this grow. These plants are pretty strong and haven't gotten outrageously tall. I may wait til I'm growing some sativa-doms to go through that effort.

I'm also really enjoying how looking for the white tips kinda feels like something out of the movie Predator...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Now's a good time to stock up on qt mason jars (canning season), boveda 62s, too - if you haven't already.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. They're on my to-do list but haven't ordered yet. Got prime so when I do order them they can get here fairly quick.

More imminent is probably a shower curtain rod and some clothespins so I can hang shit to dry in the cabinet after the chop & trim.

I may actually get larger jars. Any rule of thumb on what size boveda packs to use based on jar volume?

7. 1/qt, 3/half-gal; make sure they're the 62% (boveda makes a range of RHs).

8. 1 pack per quart, yeah? Is that a 4g or an 8g pack?

9. 8g; qt size is supposed to be best size. I had both qt and 1/2-gal, got them to 62 in qt (buds shrink) then condolidated into 1/2-gals, curing mighty fine.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'm thinking I may use the 58% packs. I've seen a few cases of folks complaining about mold when using the 62s.

11. #8951 Or_Gro, Sep 11, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    Do what you think is best, but mold is not a factor when curing at 62%. In moisture content terms, buds must be below 15% MC to avoid mold; equilibrium moisture content of wood (a close analog) is about 11.2% at 62% RH and 70F.

Mold while curing is either due to too tightly packed jar, poor venting technique, or not drying enough before jarring - all resulting in being nowhere near 62% RH.

Boveda 62 is most useful when you get dry to at/under 70% - it will do minor drying and rehumidifying, but it is for maintaining target RH, not for taking out/adding back major amounts of water in undried/overdried reefer.

GWE method works, the ranges they give are especially helpful Original Guide to Drying & Curing Marijuana Buds | Grow Weed Easy.

If you dont have a couple extra Caliber IV Digital Hygrometers ~ $24ea, pick some up. Transfer them through jars periodically until all jars are steady 62 or 58 or whatever you like - worth it if you grow some good dope (which yours surely looks like).

Some useful info on drying, Drying and curing of fresh cannabis buds, http://www.davisnet.com/product_documents/weather/app_notes/93004_322-AN_22-moist-content-wood.pdf

12. Got around to the drilling / grinding to prep the food buns for net cups and air stones today also:
    [​IMG]

Planning on getting a torch and paint this week and having that done by the end of next weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nice work!

14. Here's the dark pic I promised someone, I forgot who asked for it tho and it's too early to scroll thru lol. 0 light comes thru with with door sweeper on, and if I put on those squishy door jambs I bet I could get pretty close to 0 light penetration, I thought maybe I could cut some holes in the back of my dresser and pull fresh air thru there....but at the moment that's not necessary until the parents come over lol. But I've got everything ready for if that day happens [​IMG]

PK's roof-top organic grow

• Like Like x 1
  15. Now that's making use out of every square inch! Healthy looking tops

But what are those side light strips you have running?

PK's roof-top organic grow

16. #8956 Steakbomb, Sep 11, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    KIND led bar lights, 2-footers. The two in the pic are macro-spectrum for flowering (mostly red light). I have a pair of vegging ones (mostly blue) as well for that phase of growth.

I have a micro-spectrum veg bar as well - intend to use the three veg bars in a mini-tent when not in use in the cabinet. Should let me get a few weeks' head start on the next crop.

Superclosets come with flourescent side lights to begin with - goal is to help make sure even growth at the periphery is getting good light penetration. (Pic from way earlier in the grow):
    [​IMG]
    I decided to upgrade to LEDs for these so I could reduce heat & power use. The fact that they came in two spectrums was a bonus (and made my starter tent lighting decision easier).

17. harvest frm cube went in jars..didn't get a wt. because my scale keeps messing up..i should NEVER have given my philipsburg triple beam away..i miss it every hrvst..i will have to get another..the larf and leaf were dried in paper bg and will be kept for when i run out between hrvsts 000_6629.JPG 000_6628.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  18. Weight aside it *looks* like a decent amount - nice!

How's the smoke on the trim usually compare to the good stuff? I've been thinking I'll use our trim for edibles.

19. i'm lookin to make another cube..WF is gettin light dep and has reverted to veg..another inch or two and i will s hook the branches dwn to the screen 000_6633.JPG

20. if you got the bgs definitely you want to ''hash'' the larf and make somethin with it..i don't do it because the process is too physical for me with my RA..did it cpl times with dry ice and made tincture using 151 rum or slips my mind ATM..as for smoking it ,,i do when i run out and my resistance is dwn and i like to use it as mj helper to strech the gd stuff

• Like Like x 1