SuperBox SuperCloset

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by DankYouKindly, Feb 17, 2011.

1. So I am very new to this and just got started a few weeks ago. I want to document my journal, mostly so that I can get some tips and tricks from you experts. Is this the right place to do a journal?

I opted to get a SuperBox from SuperCloset. It is really small, so I am kinda worried, but the price was right so I went for it. There is good info. on their bigger units, but not much on the one I have. I wish I could have afforded more, but I had to make do with this one. I hope that it works as well as the bigger ones I saw on this site. So far it is good, but I don't know if it will flower well.....anybody have any feedback?

Here are some initialpics.

Attached Files:

2. i started this on january 31st with the clones in the other post.
    these next pics were taken three days later.
    i am using the technaflora nutrients that came with it.....are they any good?

they are called:
    boost, grow, bloom
    magicali
    root 66
    awesomeblossoms
    thrivealive..

anybody familiar?

Attached Files:

3. i haven't really had to do anything yet except change the water once. are there daily things that i should be doing or checking?!

4. You are off to a good start. Research a lot and read these forums. One thing you may wish to consider since your grow box is small is looking into autoflowering varieties such as dwarf plants.

5. yeah you shud check the ph of your water at least once a day, so you can get a feel for how much your water drifts. either up in ph or down.

6. you got technaflora nutes?! that isn't what I got.....i got maxi gro and maxi bloom...didn't even use them.....used my own. when did you get yours?

7. i did get techaflora....that is just what came with it...the recipe for success. they look like this.
    the pH should be a good yellow color right? like a 6? the box came with the kit.
    i don't know anything about auto flowering plants....can i get them from a dispensary? you don't have to change the light schedule?
    how would they know not to outgrow the cabinet?

Attached Files:

8. You can get autoflowering seeds from most seed banks. There is one autoflowering seed source that sells nothing but auto seeds (Herbies). And they all are available in feminized seeds which eliminates sexing and all that. Autos grow in short, medium and tall varieties(go to herbies web site and look on the left side of the screen where you search for seeds and pick the criteria for the seeds you want and Hiegth is the fourth drop down menu item, select "SHORT"). If you order some small ones like White Dwarf the plant stays small, and goes into flower without changing the photoperid. Just run the lights 18/6 and the plants are ready for harvest 60-70 days from SEED! Little dwarf plants tend to stay under 2 feet tall, while other autos like an Afghan Kush Special might get over 3.5 to 4.5 feet tall. They finish so fast that they are great for novice growers; they finish too fast for you to accidently kill them, and since they have such short life spans you can accomplish a couple of grows and get to know what you are doing in the time it takes a regular plant to veg and flower.

9. dude!! that sounds awesome!!! thanks!!

can you clone auto flowers though? it seems like that could mess everything up.

10. You really cannot clone an autoflowering plant because they have an internal clock that stops for no one. Taking a cutting from an auto would give you a clone that is at the same stage of development as the donor. So once a plant is big enough to cut from, you don't have time for the cutting to develop into a big enough plant to be productive; at least not with the smaller dwarf plants that finish in 60-70 days. You would end up with a flowering twig that couldn't produce much, if anything worthwhile. Now, some of the other, larger strains might allow time and growth for a cutting to be taken, but in general terms cloning from autos is not advised.

11. dank,im actually thinking of getting the same system,the only difference is im gonna get the 12 plant grow box..im gonna continue to follow your journal. plants look good man hope they come out awesome.also cant wait to see your yield..what kind of strains are you growing?

12. Auto's are notoriously shitty, just get regular seeds, or fems in your case since you have a small growing area. Most people consider Fems to be inferior to Regs too, but Auto's are the worst.

In that small of a vertical space you're going to have to set the lights to 12/12 early on and get comfortable with LST'ing. If' I'm not mistaken you've only got like 20" or so from the top of the pots to the lights correct? In that case I would recommend that you start flowering them at 4" - 5". Preferably 4.

Remember, the plants will actually continue to Veg for 7-10 days after you switch to 12/12. Then they'll stretch 2-3 times from there since you're in hydro. It's really critical to get this timing right, because I've found that MJ grows slowly (.25 inch per day if that) until around 5", then they really take off and start putting on .5 to an 1 inch per day. If you flower them too late it'll get out of control quickly.

If they do overgrow your setup, you'll have to start training them mid flower which is do-able, it just sucks. You might also want to check out topping.

As a last resort you can turn to Humbolt BushMaster. You gotta be careful with it, but it will most definitely stop vertical growth in it's tracks.

13. thank you guys for your guidance!!
    maybe i will just stick with my cali clones for now. i switched to flower last week.....hopefully they will be good...it looks like they will be right now, hopefully they won't hit puberty or anything....thoughts?

Attached Files:

14. Looking good. :D

Might be a good idea next round if you dont upgrade your box to just go with maybe 2-3 plants and lst and scrog them. Might be able to get more use out of the room you have in there. Cant wait to see the results of this round.

15. Plants are looking awesome DANK, cant wait for the next post so i can continue to follow your progress,and also i cant wait to see the yield. Im just trying to save alittle bit more money so i can get mine..did you get the CO2 regulator?

16. Did you build that or did you buy it?

17. #17 DankYouKindly, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2011
    I built it.....just kidding....I wish....I actually bought it from Supercloset. I wanted to get the trailer, but I settled for this...hahahaha.

I always hear about scrog, but don't really know what that means....can you tell me more about that?

I didn't get CO2....I was worried that it would make the plants grow too much in this small space.....does CO2 make your plants grow taller? I know that it will make them more dense and increase my yield, which seems like it would make them grow bigger....is this true?

18. Wow... lets see where to begin. First SCrog is really just a method of keeping your plant low and training it under a screen to allow the whole plant to promote even light coverage. It will allow your bud to flower evenly.

There are alot of guides in the the plant training section of the forums.

And co2 is mainly used by people with very large grows. You can make your own co2 system with yeast water sugar and a 2l bottle a cap and hose. While it wont be as effective as say a real system it will put out a steady small amount of co2 for i think 2 weeks.

Sorry just woke up and havent even had a cig yet. if you need i can find all my bookmarks and guides i have found if you wana know more in depth stuff or can't find anything.

19. Im actually not sure myself DANK as i will be a beginning grower as well,i was just curious because i was looking into adding that when i buy mine.im so stoked to get mine and im so close.

20. Nice Dank! I got the SuperCube which I understand is 1/2 the size of the Box but is set up for the same type of grow. Keep up the good work. It's good to see other small stealth grows kickin ass