Super Thrive?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Madmoke91, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Has anybody ever used this fert? I'm thinking about purchasing but would like some grower opinion or what they think is best to help dense up the buds during the flowering process I've heard that super thrive can really help dense up your buds.... Is this true? Any words of wisdom on so called Super Thrive...?????

:pause: :rip: :pause: :still pause: :exhale:

2. I've never heard of superthrive to fatten buds, but I have heard of superthrive helping plants stay healthy. :)

3. yep, i a anti-stress tonic... i use it for transplants and seedlings

4. You will get mixed opinions, some think it's snake-oil and some swear by it.

ST is not a fert, it is a vitamin and hormone cocktail. One of the big criticisms of ST is that they don't tell you what's in it.

I use it sparingly and do think it helps the overall health of the plants, which in turn could result in fatter buds, but that is not what it is specifically designed for.

5. Ok now that's answered... What nute/ferts can be used to help fatten up the buds or help to increase the overall yield?

6. superthrive is mainly B-12, any fert high in carbohydrates (sugar) will fatten buds for sure... or molasses.

but you can water with sugar water all day and do nothing if you do not have well established mycorrhizae in your soil.

Dr. Davies Research Page

7. 4 table spoon's of blackstrap Molasses to 1 gallon of water. use durring flowering once a week. DO NOT over do it though.

8. the molasses will also sweeten up the bud's a little bit. mmmmm

9. 4 tablespoons per gallon? That's a lot. I use one per gallon every feeding from first nutes feeding during veg till 3 weeks before harvest. I haven't heard that it makes your bud taste any different or that the plant uses it directly at all but I know the microbes in the soil eat the molasses and in turn feeds the roots and will help with micro root development. The small hair like roots that come off the larger roots

10. ^Ditto, 1 tbsp per gallon, periodically throughout the grow, up until harvest.

11. Yeah it doesn't have to be every feeding. I don't do it every time but almost. It will help feed the microbes. I use it pretty much anytime I use big bloom

12. like I said I use 2-4 tsp per gallon. It don't mean everyone has too. It's just what i do. and my family has been doing it for 30+ year's. I just do what was passed down to me. LOL

13. I was just wondering because you said 4 tablespoons. Not 4 teaspoons.

14. you right I did. my mistake. your right

15. I'm still not sure if Peace Pipe meant teaspoons or tablespoons, and if it works for you man then don't change anything, just noting that the conventional wisdom is 1tablespoon per gallon.

16. I MENT TEASPOONS. it work's for me. LOL

17. Haha okay making sure. Teaspoons would be okay. If it works, great! I've noticed a good growth rate increase since I started feeding with molasses and using microbes

18. Yeah, 3 teaspoons = 1 tablespoon.

19. You're discovering the wisdom of the old adage: don't feed the plant, feed the soil.