Super Thrive?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by smilin, Oct 21, 2009.

1. what exactly is this stuff? its labeled like a wild west patent medicine. had good results with it before. anyone know any history about it or have any tips? thanks

2. Yay for Wikipedia:

SUPERthrive is a WARF testing lab certified non-toxic liquid concentrated growth enhancer product for plants, which has been available since 1940. It contains ".09% Vitamin B1, .048% 1-Napthyl acetic acid",[1] with a total of dissolved solids of approximately 25%, which, according to some labeling, may include some 50 compounds of carbon, hydrogen and oxygen normally produced by plants under ideal conditions and time. [2]
    The packaging says that it should be included in the normal fertilizing program to improve some 50 phases of horticulture. The packaging does not claim to have any N-P-K (macro-nutrient fertilizer) or trace minerals.
    The hormone 1-Naphthyl acetic acid (NAA) does not occur naturally. Under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), products containing NAA require registration with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as pesticides. The sale of Superthrive is prohibited in Oklahoma, Minnesota, and Oregon as an unregistered pesticide.
    Uses include transplanting, reviving, and general strengthening of growth of trees and other plants.
    The SUPERthrive product has many adherents, not only professional horticulturalists, but, according to its packaging: "US Departments of Agriculture, Army, Navy; states, cities,[3][4] universities." counties,
    SUPERthrive was developed by Dr. John A. A. Thomson, now 97 years old and still at work. In 2006, he was the first chemist to receive the National Lawn & Garden Marketing & Distribution Association's Lifetime Achievement Award.[5][6]

3. I've never tried Super Thrive, but I was given a sample bottle of Thrive Alive B1, and I love that stuff. I wet my paper towels with it when I'm germinating, and that seems to really speed up the germinating/sprouting process. I also use a little during transplants and it seems to work good.

4. This stuff works great, Ive used it for years. EVERY grower should have and use it.

5. I'm going to wait until I start nutes to try this stuff. Really that beneficial?

6. Super Thrive is for clones, and seedlings, its used before you start useing nutes.

7. When I was in my hydro store and looking for Fox Farm Big Bloom for my DWC I saw the two different sized bottles of Super Thrive and I almost had my hand on one but decided to stick with
    my original choice. I was to find out that Big Bloom was for me, not suited to hydro growing. It all settled to the bottom of the reservoir. I had to stir up the solution each time before the flood timer came on. That lesson cost me just under $20 USD.

I'm glad I came across this tread because I need to add some to the newly filled 25 gallon reservoir.

:smoking: