Super Strechy 90w LED grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by matthewtyllis9, Jun 28, 2017.

1. So I started this from seed. I believe its blue widow. My method for sprouting was just take 30-40 seeds and put in mason jar w/cheesecloth rinse repeat, I took the strongest and left under 90w Blue LED flood light w/space blanket and metal reflector clamp socket. I recently switched it from the blue to a red 90w LED...After some advice from this forum I switched it back to blue on a 16/8 light scbedule...any comments appreciated. I don't have money for any fancy shit but I will be transplanting soon...the blue light pic is most recent, I brought her closer to light and flipped her back to veg. Will everything be ok? Can I keep her in veg until I can afford better lighting?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

2. It's stretching cos ur lights are little and far away

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Why not use blue and red at same time most full spectrum have both from get go 180w is better than 90

• Like Like x 1
  4. In my own opinion, I'd research, research, research information and start all over.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ohh nice...so I could safely use both? Should I put them both above plant?

6. Also is it light schedule or type of light that initiates flowering? Should i keep it at 16 on 8 off even if i double up lights?

7. Yea it was experimental...i still want at least a bud from this strechy monkey plant...

8. Im gonna try adding the other 90w Red LED and I'll keep updates...if this does work it literally cost me $20 total.

9. It's light schedule (unless you are growing autos). When the plant starts to get around 11 hours of darkness it will initiate flowering.

First grow using cfls.

10. 18 on/ 6 off with both lights would be ideal. And bring em closer. The light schedule is what initiates flowering. But honestly you would be better off starting over. It looks like The height of your plant right now is more than half the height of your tent with that height you should have many more nodes and much more foliage. The plant will double (or more) in size when you switch your lighting cycle. The stems length will make it harder to support much bud. Do you have a fan in there gently rustling the leaves. That Usually Strengthens The branch. Researching lighting more and look into PAR of led lights this makes as much a difference as wattage in led's. The simplest way I can explain par is, it defines the lights' color/spectrum the plant likes. There are many different reds and blues. And all don't necessarily work. And if I don't stop typing and get ready for school I'll be late. But I'll check back in here.good luck to ya

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. Even both of those lights aren't enough for flowering. Even though they're "90w" their true watts is likely half that.

First grow using cfls.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ahh such is life...I'm still gonna flower it. One way or another this things happening. If nothing else everyone can see what 90w LED Floodlights from wal mart are capable of...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Awesome advice...im gonna switch to using both and bring her closer to the light. Thank you for your sound advice and I'll keep updating..

14. If that plant makes it to flower you aren't even talking a half oz, maybe not even a 1/4. Any bud forming with decent weight would snap that plant like a twig. You have have asked for advice and numerous people have said to start over, which is the correct thing to do for how this lil guy is turning out

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I agree but im still gonna flower it

• Like Like x 1
  16. Call me stubborn

17. Yes

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sweet thanks my friend

19. You could always just top it and move those tiny lights real close. So that you have more headroom when you flower and so that it's not as stretched.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Or just buy a mars hydro 300 its like 65$ on amazon... Save the poor plant add fan to blow on it and strengthen that stretchy stalk flower is gonna double its size good luck lol

• Like Like x 1