Super Stealth Thin Grow #1 - UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by lemmegetanewpor, Apr 22, 2009.

1. #1 lemmegetanewpor, Apr 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2009
    Afternoon ladies and gentlemen,

After consulting with a friend of mine for some time during my setup, he recommended I do a grow journal on these forums...since I was already spamming him with pictures...and to get suggestions from other people. Anyways, enough about me, lets get to the good stuff, here's where we are at.

I have attached some pics of the set up. They are at day 14 since sprout. This is just some bag seed from a batch that was agreed to have a good head high and looked like with a good grow, would turn out looking really good.

Had a transplant from some bad soil into some Fox Farm potting soil and they had about a 2 day lull, but they look like they are back in action. Figured we should start with 8 and hopefully have at least 1 good one by the end, if not two.

TEMP: day 80, night 70
    humid: 20%

Here is some info about the room, its build to be completely sealed(close but not complete yet, still needs venilation added as of this post). Its also very hidden and should proove to be quiet and efficient once all the kinks are worked out.

ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE VERY WELCOME

The room dimensions are

(4ft L X 17in W X 8ft H)

1 - Direct Circuit run to the room, 2 outlets.

2x4 walls
    R-13 insulation between them
    3 ply plywood nailed to the 2x4s

sealed edges with all purpose caulk
    sealed electrical boxes with Great Stuff expanding foam
    painted everything with KILZ a few times

DOOR

Constructed of left over 3 ply plywood. Reinforced with a second 2in wide piece of 3 ply plywood all the way around the edges.

Veg on bottom shelf

(4ft L X 17in W X 2ft H)

1x2 in piece of wood trimming the bottom of the room keeping the shelf 2 inches off the cold concrete floor.

T-5 2 foot 4 bulb light for veg

[SIZE=-1]Light: New Wave T5-24, 2 Ft - 4 Lamp (23.3" L x 11" W x 3.5" H)[/SIZE]

Passive intake ventilation at entry way

Output at rear ceiling of veg room

Flowering on top shelf

(4ft L X 17in W X 6ft H)

Light: ?

Passive Light intake ventilation at entry way
    Output ventilation at rear ceiling of flowering room

Passive intake ventilation at entry way
    Output ventilation at rear ceiling of flowering room

Ventilation/Odor

6" TD Series Inline Fan, 312 CFM

6 in flexi ducting

Y splitter, one vent per room.

Attached Files:

2. #2 lemmegetanewpor, Apr 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2009
    and just to get things started, I have a few questions

- Ventilation -

as I have been thinking about it more and more, I really want to try and keep my fan pulling from no more than 2 splits.

so instead of running 6 in ducting all the way down into the veg area...there is already a 6in hole in the shelving for air to move through

then just have one split of the Y hanging down open into the flowering area pulling air from the veg area and from the passive intake at the front of the flowering area

then the other split of the Y going to the light, and the other side of the light out to fresh cool air

Is this enough air flow? see attached diagram

Attached Files:

3. hey dude :)

i got your PM.

they're small for 14 days because of that transplant issue that we had to do early on.
    time and patience will cure this no problem.. your just a couple weeks behind is all :)
    This is why it's best to run bagseeds your 1st time.. next run will be much better fo sho!!
    your setup looks killer man!

4. Thanks AW, they are definitely making some huge progress this week after getting settled

5. I also have not decided on a light for flowering. I was thinking 600 watt HPS but there are so many options of even that.

6. They were watered last night, upon arrival this morning they are all looking very sharp!

Pics shortly

:cool:

7. Heres some pics, they have really come around since the transplant, and this last watering made them very happy

Mylar just came in the mail, being installed soon

Also getting the ventilation equipment today so that should be up and running shortly....any tips and suggestions in that area are very welcome.

Attached Files:

8. BUMP,

picked up the fan and ducting last night

9. Left them alone all weekend on the 18/6 schedule. I have the lights turning off in the afternoon to keep temps down when its hot as balls here and keep them hot at night when it gets chilly.

looks like the one in the last pic isnt going to make it

but its friend to its left is coming back to life pretty nicely, guess should just let it continue to get its grow on

- Should I trim/top them?

- If I were going to start cloning these, when is a good time to start?

Attached Files:

10. also, I am going to work the ventilation today, pics as I finish

11. Ventilation system is in! :hello:

we opted for the6" TD Series Inline Fan, 312 CFM

After doing much research this one was the quietest, as well you can take it apart so that its just the fan, and run it inline with your ducting. After getting it, we decided to leave the casing and mounting equipment on it and mount it inside the room. If we were to mount it above the room we would have needed to remove the case/mount.

It was mounted directly to the wall at first, but this was causing the whole room to amplify the sound of the fan, so we reinforced the mount by adding two 2x1in slats across the back. This made it much stronger and more sturdy, also decreased the boomy noise that was being created.

Still need to put some holes in the door to allow some passive air flow, but the room is definitely sealed up nice when the fan is on, the door is hard to get back open :)))))

Attached Files:

12. Exactly 3 weeks post sprouting out of the ground, the ladies and possible lads are looking nice.

They are stretching out a good bit, which I guess is going to have to be OK since there is not much width inside the room.

I just hope the stems are going to be strong enough to hold them when they get older. I am going to pick up some more smaller fans to have blowing on them more directly to hopefully make them stronger

Attached Files:

13. I think if you lowered that light they would get much more light.

14. #14 lemmegetanewpor, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2009
    Thanks for stopping in Sploo

i think you are right, i had it real low before

going to put the mylar in today as well

15. its friday, and they were just watered

i redid the mylar so that it wont fall (doh) and worked on my pulley system for the light

I also finished sealing it up from the inside, so there is a full pic of the whole space

Attached Files:

16. lower that light a bit man, shouldnt be getting too hott i think your plants will suck up alot more sun with that a bit lower.

17. Friday the plants were watered, and the light lowered. This morning things looking a little weak, the bigger plants sucked up all their water fast :) So I am watering them again this morning

attached are two pics from this morning

as you can see there are two that have brown leaves. one baby one that is struggling hard, I will probably toss it out soon...then the one directly behind it has one leaf with big brown spots. everyone else is looking sharp

I plan on topping them soon

Attached Files:

18. they were watered and topped on monday, and left alone till this morning

they are looking very happy :hello:

Attached Files:

19. looking pretty sharp in there. I need to start trying to figure out the sex and get the boys out of there

a friend of mine gave me some very promising seedlings as well that I just started germinating

Attached Files:

20. Last week after doing the update pic, and with the advice of MR west, I went ahead and did a transplant.

They are VERY happy.

I tossed out the two runts, they were having a hard time all the time, and we have 6 other beauties to choose from, in the end planning on only flowering 2 of them.

Thinking about LST with a screen, we'll see

In the back of these pics you'll see a CFL, thats over two new sprouts of some super funk. These others that are already big are some bag seed.

enjoy!

Attached Files: