super soil.

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by konagold, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Does anybody know how to make subcools super soil recipe in a scaled-down size. I only need as much for 6 5 gallon pots and you don't even need to fill the pots completely with it because it only goes in the bottom half of the container. If not I will make the regular recipe but will need advice on how to store it after I use what I need.

2. I tried supersoil once, wasnt impressed to be honest. Have you checked the no-till thread? The mix is much simpler and its what most of us use around here.
    No-Till Gardening: Revisited

• Like Like x 1
  3. I used straight super soil for a couple years. It worked pretty well. Then I started mixing it with the soil from the "easy garden soil for beginners" thread here and it got better. Then It got even better when I started using some of the ideas/additions from the no till thread Scooby mentioned. Now I'm phasing out the last of that modded supersoil and going all in on no till. Learn from my experience and save yourself a few years...

• Like Like x 1
  4. to answer your question about making smaller batches...just use simple math and fractions. for example if you wanted to take a 4 cubic foot recipe and use it in a 1 cubic foot pot youd just divide all your items by 4. i hope this doesnt sound douchy or that im in some way saying your stupid..thats not the case. (but ive been told im not very good with words)

• Like Like x 2
  5. I store my soil in garbage cans when I'm done mixing. Outside too. You can use totes and stack them. It's nice because it's ready to go any time.

I use an empty compost bag to measure my peat and aeration so I have equal parts ten gallons each.

6. Remember to let your super soul sit for at least 30days

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. it was on bubbleponics and that site has been closed.

• Like Like x 1