Super soil questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Giveurballsatug, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Hey everyone, new to growing myself. I want to make some super soil, but I have some questions that I cannot seem to answer on my own from what I’ve read. Cook times is my main question. For instance when I make super soil how long will it need to cook off before I can use it. I just germinated seeds and will be transferring them into a jiffy pot greenhouse to sprout. Would I be able to mix a batch of SS say tonight and let it cook off while my plants are going through their seedling phase? I’m wanting to amend my mix so I don’t have to add a ton of nutes to my grow further down the line. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. The cooking refers to heating up due to microbial activity. For instance, something like alfalfa meal can get really hot...temperature hot when it starts to decompose. If you use something like Espoma Tomato tone it wont get too hot as it breaks down and you can add it about anytime. Manure of course can get very hot. The minerals do not get hot. So depends on your ingredients. Nowadays, many call a mix "hot" just because it has a lot of NPK in it. No amount of time will work that off. You wont burn your roots from organics in reasonable amounts. So as long as it's not physically hot you are good to go. It takes about 30 days to build a good microbe colony. The colony will continue to grow even if it's not peak when you plant.
    This is just my myth. Do not repeat to others. Try it and then you come up with your own myth. Most science is performed by scholars looking for a reason some manufacturers by product should be good for plants. Practically nothing has been thoroughly tested.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks, and thanks for simplifying my thinking on the whole process. I am not following any certain recipe to the T but making my own version of super soils. I guess the only way to figure it out is to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1