Super slow growing plants, odd yellowing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Upinsmoke420365, Jan 8, 2017.

1. I started 14 plants same time, transplants to same exact soils. Same watering patterns. Same soil pH. I have 3 that just turn yellow towards the bottom with some browning. They are so small compared to the rest. I figured it was a lack of putting them deeper in the soil so I moved them deeper. No change. Seems like they are just tiny compared to others. Should I just discard them?
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

2. They look really hungry

• Like Like x 1
  3. That's what I said, but they got the same nutes as the other plants.

4. what are you growing in? I don't see any aeration like perilite in the soil. It looks dense and wet

5. Also correct about your soil...what is it, and what have you been feeding?

6. Watered last night, I don't water for another 5 days, its 50/50 ecoscraps gardening soil and sand, and used fish nutes [​IMG]

7. I'd grab some perlite make sure it has no added nutes and add at 40% of pot size.

8. It may look dense but its fluffy and the drainage is good

9. [​IMG]
    This are the healthy looking one. No issues.

10. i think youd do yourself a favor by adding aeration. Yes those look healthy ,but your others look suffocated. Probably would help your good ones to do even better. Just my 2c...your plants

11. nitrogen deficiency

12. You think dosing them with extra nutes may make a difference? They have the fish nutes and the flowering nutes, no difference?

13. what soil are you using

14. honestly. ..I'm convinced its poor aeration...your roots aren't breathing. Sure soil mox feels fluffy when dry....but without aeration it's heavy. The healthy plants look great, thats just my thoughts on the troubled plants...try it...I hope it's that easy for ya.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Win some loose some. I'd scrap them and focus on the healthy ones. Not much info to go here. All strains are diffrent even within phenos one might require more nutrients than the next. Soil looks heavey too.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I plan to just get rid of them but here's the basic info

14 bag seeds. I started soil for 14 seedlings in solo cups, after about 2 weeks I transplanted to 2.5 gallons of soil 50/50 mix organic ecoscraps gardening soil and coarse tube sand.used Alaska fish feet every 2 weeks. I am over a month into this. Every plant has my LST, topped, and supercropped. 1 male found, so 13 left atm. And now I have added the 8 week time release flowering nutes organic. Planning to start 12/12 lighting next week. There's 3 weak plants and I am probably going to discard them. I feed the plants with boiled/cooled then phed water to 6.5 and runoff is checked and its also 6.5. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. Did you ever ckout the org. Soil threads?

18. Could be the seeds are not from a stabilized cross. Therefore 12 seeds can create 12 different looking plants with different growing needs. So what's good for some may not be enough for another

Gotham

• Like Like x 1
  19. I have checked out a lot. I read a ton. I went really budget with this for 1 it was bagseeds. For 2 I wanted the experience. For 3 its dead winter here and its a small area and only place to shop is Lowes, Walmart and tractor supply. Winter they have a very small selection what they have.