"Super Silver Haze" 1st Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by trx450sux, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Hello everyone! This is my first grow ever it's super silver haze. Yesterday was the first day of flowering, I may have started to early but it's been vegging for about 5 weeks. I'm not sure what the spots came from but I changed the res and it pretty much never came back on the new leaves, anyways here's some pics tell me what ya think!

Attached Files:

2. #2 Jaizero, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2011
    For 5 weeks she looks a little thin.. There is a lot of spacing between those couple of nodes. Also the stem base looks a little brown. Watch out for stem rot. You need to cover that rockwool because it looks like its rotting as well. If you dont cover it light will enter the rez and create some serious algae problems as well as algae or bacteria infecting the rockwool. What kind of light/distance are you using? Unfortunately that plant looks a little unhappy. Was it from seed or clone?

If I was you.... I would let her veg for a few more weeks and let her thicken up. Also that will give you time to sort out whatever is producing the spots. You want her as healthy as possible and as thick as possible before flowering.

3. #3 bongboi, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2011
    r u using hid lighting? looks like the leaves are burned and very crispy raise the lights to get the heat issue under control asap if that doesnt work try cfls they produce very little heat if any lol

also if u cut the top new growth the branches will grow instead giving you many more main colas

4. Well I already started flowering lol. It looks a lot better now and what do you mean cover the Rock wool? With what?

5. Cover it with whatever growing medium you are using.. Hydroton, lava rock, etc..

6. The rock wool is the green stuff correct?

7. Yes. The rockwool is the spongy green/brown material over your hydroton rocks. Cover it with a styrofoam/paper plate.

I'm referencing my Ed Rosenthal handbook, and it looks like your plant has a Phosphorus deficiency. If you have the book, its page 175. Try foliar feeding one leaf with a solution high in phosphorous to see if it responds well to it. If it does, increase the P in your res. Hope this helps.

8. Man I'm broke as hell so I only have the stuff I bought before. And I just covered it with more of those hydroton rock things.. Anything cheap I could use for phosphorus?

9. I couldn't find anything that you would normally have around the house that can provide phosphorous. I initially thought bone meal ($5-$10 at home depot) would help BUT the more research I did led me to the conclusion that the phosphorous in bone meal is NOT soluble so it won't be readily available to your plant in a hydroponic setup.

The only thing that popped up to mind was Advanced Nutrients Sensi Bloom Part B. My local hydro store has the sample size bottles for $2.50! Its definitely worth a try.

10. [quote name='"trx450sux"']Man I'm broke as hell so I only have the stuff I bought before. And I just covered it with more of those hydroton rock things.. Anything cheap I could use for phosphorus?[/quote]

How do you grow if you are that broke? Its silver haze!