super silver got silly on me (pics)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by bestkeptsecret, Mar 25, 2010.

1. #1 bestkeptsecret, Mar 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2010
    so here's the scoop. got a super silver haze clone in the beginning of the month. cutting had stems that were a little woody so i was worried if it was rooting strong so i held off on any nutes till i saw some good veg growth. during which i battled some issues with heat from a 400w hps i threw into a fridge i converted for funny business. had to ditch the hps all together and went 90w led ufo from htg supply. heat was fine after the led went in the bottom. anywho, my little lady started to yellow off so i hit her with some miracle grow (no hydroponic stores close to me and im nervous as hell ordering offline for obvious reasons).
    she is in the same soil she came in and i have no idea what it was. person claimed it was organic with nothing added. i digressed...so shitty miracle grow at less than 1/4 strength. that seemed to fix the problem cuz new growth was fine and leaves stopped yellowing off(they didnt return green as well?). then last night i unplugged everything so she could practice a little respiration and i could safe a few pennies on the electric bill. i meant for it to only be 2 hours while i watched a movie. then i passed out during the movie like an ass hole. woke up this morning for work and remembered my lady and turned everything back on. photos were taken minutes before this post and light/fan have been back on for like 18 hours now and no change since since this morning.six hours ago i watered her thinking it was cuz she was thirsty and still no change. what am i missing here? besides the fact i stressed the hell out her with my hap hazard initial set up.

oh yeah 2 pics of some cuttings i took 9 days ago. no roots but seem ok. am i wrong?

Attached Files:

2. I'd say that plant is looking for some food.

Generally speaking purple stems are in indication of either cold or lack of food.

What is the ph of the water you are using?

Personally, I think of Miracle Grow like nuclear radiation - the further I am away from it the better off I am going to be. IMHO, that stuff is worse than terrible.

3. thanks GF for ur response...
    bought one of those soil ph testers from home depot a while ago...says the soil is at 7. who knows if its accurate or not. you know i used to grow years ago when overgrow was pretty much the only forum to be on. never had troubles with ph in the soil or in the water. seems to be a consistent problem now as i read thru the forums. i just found a hydro store that like an hour away. think ill make a trip down there today so i can buy some ph products and fix this dilemma. ill prolly grab some popper nutes as well. ill hit you back later with an update.

4. got some GH ph up and down with a test kit. also got myself FF nutes for veg(held off on the bloom ferts so i had a reason to go back and check shit out). ph'd a solution for foliar feeding and a seprate one for watering. now my question is...do i flush the substrate first...if so do i ph the tapwater im using to flush? cuz that seems like a waste. or do i just wait till she needs her next feeding and move on with the new solution. dont wanna mess this up since i stressed her so much already.

5. Patience. Best to underwater than overwater.

always make sure that water and or nutes are always ph to 6.4 and you'll be fine. After you ph your water, let it stand for 1 hour and then come back and check the ph before you use it.

I use one of those cheap walmat soil ph testers, also. As long as the soil is damp they do a real good job.

Get my ph pens and such here..... eSeasonGear FreeShipping! best prices on the net, for sure.

Fox farms is good stuff, not ogranic, but good stuff non the less. Use it sparingly, no more than 1/2 dose AT MOST. It drops the living heck out of your ph, so be ready to use a fair amount of ph up.

Hope this helps. :wave:

6. thought so....thats why i waited for a reply. well she wont need any water for a little while so hopefully the foliar feeds do the trick for now. i put her back under the fluros so i can spray them (ufo leaves burn spots). thanks for the tip about letting it stand and testing the solution again. and i mixed up a solution for the next feed at 1/4 strength and did notice it was a little on the acid side(i expected it to be base since my water is). well ill keep you posted. should be good to go now i imagine. just a little waiting involved tis all.