Super plugs

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ewbwa25, May 9, 2015.

1. Has any one ever used Super Plug brand germination trays??? Their very dense peat cubes and i think that these plugs are the reason for some of my seedlings not taking root and or just rooting very slowly. they were in this tray from seed to about 2 weeks and then i transplanted them into FFOF at the same time the  first blue dream showed true leaves but one other of my 3 Blues woudlnt take root in the soil with the plug. It seems like the Super Plugs ore either too dense or retain too much water. Also only 6 of my 10 white widows ever sprouted. Two of the WW would not take root in the SPs and died shortly after transplant and 2 of the the WWs arent making much progress.  I took the weakest WW emptied the pot (1 QT)of soil into my hand saw the roots hadnt grown much out of the SPs. Mind you i transplanted my seedlings on what would have been a a day they need water hoping that they would reach out and find the new nutrient rich soil? Some did some didnt. My belief is that it is the super plugs since ive never used them and have never had these problems out the Burple or Jiffy pods. Has anyone else had this problem??????????

plants
    LIGHTNING:T5
    MEDIUM: SUPER PLUGS
    TEMP: 78degrees F on avg.

2. Haven't used that brand but they look to be the same thing as rapid rooters and I've had 100% success with those. Rapid rooters and root riot cubes seem to do great at not getting too soaked.

On the contrary. I hate those jiffy peat things, they seem to hold too much water.

3. Most people have bad luck with jiffy cubes because the PH of them is way to off for cannabis.

4. I've never had ph problems with them, the peat just stays too wet.