Super Plant Growth Hormone

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Wumbar, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Hey Everyone,
    I was researching on unitednuclear.com and found an interesting chemical. It is known as Gibberellic Acid and the explanation the site gave it makes this seem like a good idea for growing weed:

chemical formula: C19H22O6
    ( liquid )
    This is an amazing material - great for science fairs.
    Gibberellic Acid is a very potent plant growth hormone. Very tiny amounts have profound and surprising effects on plants. Lettuce for instance, which grows in a small ball on the ground, can grow into a 10 foot tall 'tree' when a small amount of Gibberellic Acid is applied to the seedling. Varying amounts do different things and different plants will produce different results. Very tiny amounts are used, and a little goes a long way. Now sold with a convenient spray bottle and concentrated liquid. Easily diluted to any strength desired.

Has anyone here ever tried this plant growth hormone? I would really like to see some plants given this. I also found another helpful site, www.megagro.com

2. Gibberellic acid is a simple gibberellin, promoting growth and elongation of cells. It affects decomposition of plants and helps plants grow if used in small amounts, but eventually plants grow a tolerance for it. Gibberellic acid stimulates the cells of germinating seeds to produce mRNA molecules that code for hydrolytic enzymes. Gibberellic acid is a very potent hormone whose natural occurrence in plants controls their development. Since GA regulates growth, applications of very low concentrations can have a profound effect while too much will have the opposite effect. It is usually used in concentrations between 0.01-10 mg/L.

Gibberellins have a number of effects on plant development. They can 1) stimulate rapid stem growth, 2) induce mitotic division in the leaves of some plants, 3) increase seed germination rate. Gibberellic acid is sometimes used in laboratory and greenhouse settings to trigger germination in seeds that would otherwise remain dormant. It is also widely used in the grape-growing industry as a hormone to induce the production of larger bundles and bigger grapes, especially Thompson seedless grapes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibberellic_acid

pretty cool. If it causes leaves to undergo mitotic division, it might do it w/ buds as well.

3. I wouldn't mess with GA unless you have lots of plants that you can experiment with different doses and controlled conditions and can afford to really screw up your plants.

GA is used by breeders to create feminized seeds, using GA to stimulate bud sites on female plants to grow outwardly male flowers (while remaining genetically female), then using the resulting feminized pollen to pollinate other females for guaranteed XX chromosome (female) seeds.