[Super Noob] First time, I've decided on a 3x3 tent in closet (scrog method). What do I need?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by TweezeR, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Hey y'all, I'm gonna be using a 3x3 tent in a closet to scrog method grow four plants (I've seen 4 works best for space, I'm willing to go lower if need be). I'm reading some guides but I'm honestly getting overwhelmed with all of the different types of products needed to grow. There are so many kinds of lights and these guides don't really recommend specific products. I did see 400 watt MH for veg and 400-watt HPS for flower? But then there so many different lights I get a little confused about what would be optimal for my situation. What reflector? And that's just the lights...

Anyway, I've decided a 3x3 Gorilla tent is for me and the scrog method. What lights do you suggest? Wattage? Brand? Fans? Etc I'm a super noob as this would be my first grow. I have a budget of about $1,200, but I can stretch that if needed.

I'm ready to dive in and I'm super excited to learn!

2. 1200 is more than. Enough lol...
    A/c Infinty t6
    Ph and ppm pen
    Oscillating fan
    Nutrients of course depends what ur growing in soil coco,hydro????

Theirs alot of styles u can do lol iam still looking for mines lol it all depends on what ur trying to achieve out of the grow to be honest

3. Right on! Thanks for the response. I plan to do a soil grow and honestly the nutrients situation is definintely something I need to consider as well. I'm more just consdiering everything I need for the room itself first, then the nute situation will be next.

4. Iam pretty sure u can fit 4...3 gallon pots or 2...5 gallon pots....u need the intake fan"ac infinity" pulling air out and another one in the bottom bringing fresh air in and stabilize the pressure..and the oscillating fan so u won't have dead air....u can choose between smart pots or air pots....mix 30% of perlite Into your soil....timers, surge protect outlets everything outside tent for electrical and temp and rh meter....maybe a dehumidifier or humidifier depending how ur rh(humidity)is gonna be...

Iam a newbie to helping out another newbie lol...but those are some of the important shit u need.

5. First time scrog. Cool. Right in the deep end. I like it. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. Id get a California lightworks solar system for that price. Should have change.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. 3x3 is a really nice size tent. For one big plant. You can scrog that big plant, or tie it down, or let it grow wherever it wants. It takes only two of the qb 120w boards, usually sold as a 260 to cover one plant in a 3x3 with room for a carbon filter fan to sit in the corner. If you grow autos, you can have a seedling in there with your big plant just waiting to replace it if it will ever go amber.

• Like Like x 1