Super Lemon Haze SCRoG 400W HPS II

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by graphuto, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Hey everyone! This is going to be my second Super Lemon Haze SCRoG grow, and I learned alot about the SCRoG and the plant the first time around! Also, winter is upon us so my temperatures will be in a much better range for the whole grow.

400W HPS

400 CFM Exhaust (Pulling air from about the middle/top of the closet up into the attic
    and through a carbon filter)

Ducting from central air running through my vent hood, out the open end into the room.

I took 1 clone from the previous plant right as I switched it to flower. Threw it in the little bubble cloner in my cabinet with (1) 23W CFL, where it sat for about 2 months. It rooted, but barely grew at all (which is perfect for me) and looked pretty weak.

Day 3 in Bubble Bucket
    PPM-600
    PH-5.9

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      124.5 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      121 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      169.5 KB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      154.4 KB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      120.4 KB
      Views:
  2. So keeping this damn closet cool is killing me. I have been working on it all day. During the summer, I tapped into the A/C and that seemed to work OK, but now, since it's winter and the A/C isn't running, it has been getting HOT in there, I guess because I'm essentially just pulling roughly 80 degree air through the A/C duct/Unit/Intake.

So today I cut yet another hole in the ceiling of the closet, and ran some 4" ducting, with one end cconnected to my vent hood, and the other end up in the attic, but at the very edge of the house and hanging down so it is only pulling cool air from outside. (All this is up in the attic, you can't see it from outside).

That didn't really help much, so I disconnected the ducting connected to the A/C and ran it to a similar place as the 4" ducting. The other end of this is sitting just about at plant level. Top that all off with the 6" Blower (which is in the attic) as exhaust for the sealed room.

Things seem to be looking much better now.

Question: Should I just spring for a 4" blower and run the vent hood seperately?

I.E.:

4" Ducting from outside air>down through ceiling>into vent hood>through ducting on the other side of the vent hood>up through ceiling>4"fan (up in the attic)

And for just room ventilation:

6" Ducting from outside air>down through ceiling>ducting to blow on plants>exhaust ducting at the top of the room with existing 6" fan

Hmmm...

3. #3 findme, Dec 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2010
    you going for 1 gram per watt?

I suggest foliar feeding( once a day minimum, recommend 2 times daily)and growing it out for 8 weeks veg.

what nutes are you using?

edit:
    now, even with doing this, im not sure if you can get 1 gram per watt, but I am positive you will get within the .75+ watt range at the minimum

4. 8 weeks veg? The last plant had maybe 24 days TOPS! My screen isn't that big! But yea, I am attempting 1GPW. Thats 14.28 OZ, just shy of a pound. Man, that's a lofty goal... ​

5. I was just thinking... 1GPW would be almost triple what I had last time. I don't know if it's possible within the size of that screen.

As for nutes, Lucas Formula GH Micro and GH Bloom.

6. normally, I would say 24 days veg if you had 3 more buckets because by using more plants, you will be able to decrease veg time. but since your screen is small, id probably do a sog if i were to do 4 plants.

just giving some ideas because 400 grams is a pretty tough goal with one plant with just 24 days veg.

7. Well, if I bring the light higher, obviously it will cover moar area. Right now, it is right about a foot, maybe a bit less, above the screen. I'll just have to see how it goes, I suppose...

8. another hint, keep the plant within 12-16 inches from the light. 10 inches if the room stays pretty cool, 16 if the room stays pretty hot.

subbed for sure on this grow. SLH ftw!!

9. Day 5

Pics!

002.JPG

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      116.3 KB
      Views:
  10. dude.. that clone is going to blow up. I can already see it.

11. What size did you go on your screen? looks about 2"X2"? How much area per each plant? Looking good. Can't wait to fire up my SCRoG.

12. You are correct sir, 2x2! The screen is 22"x22", and the 400W light is 10 inches above the screen.

Edit:

Whats keeping you from firing up the SCRoG?

13. Ah ok I think that is the size I wanna go with, should leave plenty of room for rearranging growth.

Well I am following a lot of wise advice from this forum and just taking my time. Our grow space is almost complete, just need to finish the door, and that should be tomorrow evening. I didn't want to build my screen yet in case after the door is complete we decided to switch around our bucket configuration.

Just really want to do this right. Especially since I am going against the typical "Do a soil grow first" mantra.

14. So we're lookin at a few days to a week till it's up and running huh? Awesome!

I wish you luck in your venture, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

15. Day 6

006.JPG

Findme, you're totally right. This thing is about to blow UP! And out. You know...
    I only keep my clone under a single 23W CFL, I had it for 2 months, just chillin, staying tiny, and I was keeping the roots confined to roughly 1 inch from outside the 2" net cup. This thing has packed on some roots quickly, and this may sound weird, but I can almost sense the potential energy of that thing. It's fixin to blow!

Attached Files:

• 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      127.8 KB
      Views:
  16. Also, I'm going to try and employ selective leaf trimming all through this grow. People might freak out and think I'm really going overboard with it, but we'll see... I have read many controversial threads about the trimming of leaves, and seen results of both. Having a good feel for this plant now, Ill be systematically trimming all fan leaves that I feel are blocking light to budsites above the screen. If the plant seems to do worse, obviously I'll stop, but I have already been doing it for the 6 days it has been in the bucket. Can't really tell huh?

17. I know exactly what you mean. I had a clone under those same conditions, vegged for 2 weeks and its 30 days in flowering. my before and after pictures are down at the bottom. still amazes me every time i look at it.

I recommend not trimming the leaves and attempting to move it out of the budsites way. besides, the more leaves that are on the bush, the more energy it receives

Attached Files:

18. Yeah should be up and running by the end of this week. And thanks a lot for the support.

19. Is that milkjug bud yours? LoL!

20. Day 7

Look goood. I can't really see through the bush anymore if I get down level with it!

003.JPG

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      158.3 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      173 KB
      Views: