Super Lemon Haze Height Issue - Day 8 of 12/12

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by shah456, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Hey guys I'm flowering two slh plants in 5 gal hempy buckets in a 2x4x6 hydrohut tent under 600w hps. My plants were about 26" going into flowering and they have been shooting up the last few days, today is day 8 of 12/12 I have my light (air cooled) within 5in-6in of the tops. I have a canfan 33 hanging at top of the tent which is taking up about 13"-14". My concern is the plant is going to grow taller than what my space will allow over the next few weeks. I want to be proactive so what do you guys suggest in order to maintain the height going forward?

2. I recommend using LST.

3. I have the SLH strain also and they dont call it 'super' for no reason.....a lot of growers say LST the plant but what i do is "supercrop" the tops that have a height issue. Its really simple and it INCREASES your yield without setting up a screen. YOUTUBE how to supercrop. its really easy, just find the top with a stretch and 'pop' the stem by squeezing it on both sides and then bend the top to the desired direction, hopefully to open the canopy. But you will see that the lower growth below the bend will INCREASE and the bend will swell up over time and strenthen the plant's base. Tell me your results, i will be back to check.

4. I should have said this too, this is what I did. Combine that with LST and you will open up the plant more allowing light down to the lower buds.

5. I am trying to find the height specs on this plant...I know about supercropping and all but curious on the average height? Another question, would it do well in a ScrOG?

6. Check out graphuto's grow journal, he did a scrog under 400w hps .

7. no plant should be grown without being trained. MJ is the only plant i know that if you bend it, cut it, screen it, you get a BIGGER yeild than leaving the plant to grow on its on. ANY plant under SCROG will give a better yeild. I just mentioned supercropping because i had 8 plants that went hermie on me and i got rid of all except 4. they all looked like they may have produced a quarter oz of fine bud. But then i saw videos of supercropping and thought, why not? After a week i saw the results and kept bending everytime i saw a stretched node or the height of the branch was getting too high. im GLAD I did supercropping becuase each clone produced AT LEAST 2 ounces of bud. Not only was the main colas fat but the under branches had nice, even growth, like a long donkey dick. You cant go wrong.

8. LOL the funny thing is, I have never let a plant grow standard. My first grow was a huge ScrOG that I made every mistake on including choosing a ScrOG for my first grow. I am getting ready to harvest my next and it is a 2 plant ScrOG also but smaller and portable. It is looking FANTASTIC. My next one to come out about a week after and it is supercropped and looks FANTASTIC also. About beginning of Jan I have one I trained specially and is looking like it is going to have as many tops as my 2plant ScrOG. If it turns out to produce as well as I hope I will share what I did, but don't want to spread the info then something happens that made it a bad idea to do. UI have a ton of time for this shit right now so I am trying a few things.

Back to what I was originally trying to find out. I have some Super Lemon Haze that I am growing from seed and I have 11 of them growing but limited space and height in my flower room. I was told by a guy that when he grew his from the same seed stock as mine it went from 2' to 6' in 3 weeks once put into flower. I am trying to find out what is the average height of Super Lemon Haze. If they really get that tall I am going to have to change stratagies. Of course I may end up with 3 females out of the plants LOL then problem solved but I wanna be ready. Would be awsome if someone could tell me what the average height is. If not I will just start a thread on it.

9. [ame]http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=hhn5Xs3KKXY&feature=related[/ame]

10. [ame]http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq_YM5Al8G4&feature=related[/ame]

11. YO! hows your SLH coming?? i have my 1st clone 3 weeks in 12/12. 1st i topped it. waited a week then i trimmed the lower branches, leaving the lower fan leaves & finally, supercropped the main shoot. im hoping for fat colas-but Hazes aren't known for fat colas.....
    any pics bro?????