Super Lemon haze finishing 4 weeks early?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lunacy, Dec 2, 2009.

1. So I have 3 SLH and 1 Hash Plant. SLH should be about 10 weeks in flower, from what I have read. The SLH are starting their 7th week of flower and they look to be finished? All trichs are cloudy with some plants having up to 50% amber. Some buds have 100% pistals orange and, but the majority are 70-90% orange. One of the plants the fan leaves are yellowing, telling me that they are basically done. Not sure why this is. I do turn the light (400wt HPS) on for a little while at night sometimes during the plants sleep cycle to water and drool, so I have to assume this caused the plants to finish early.

Also, the Hash Plant looks like it done as well. Most trichs are cloudy and 10-20% amber, but most pistils have not turned. I would say only 10% are orange. Looks like she is done based on the trichs, but the pistils are throwing me off.

What do you guys think?

2. Anyone? Just curious if it is ready to harvest early because of disrupting the "light off" period or if anyone has that has grown SLH finishing flowering in 6-7 weeks?

3. If the leaves are just begging to yellow then I would say it is too early. I'd wait another week or so.

4. i agree with morden. i bet if you wait a little while longer to flush, your plants will fatten up a bunch. let those leaves begin to die off...as they should

5. It's just on 1 out of 3. I've read someone that the leaves dont have to yellow for plants to be done. If we were going on trichs alone, the plants look done. This is my first grow however...

6. Go for your instinct. If most of the hairs are red then it's defiantly possible it's ready. Only way to learn is to try different things.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Trust me, the leaf color is by no means an indicator of when she is done or not. Yes, fan leaves turn yellow during flowering, this is true, but they do not indicate it being done or not.

The one and only thing that is an indicator of ripeness is the trichromes, and to a lesser extend the pistils. If you are beyond a shadow of the doubt sure that the trichs are cloudy/amber, then I would harvest her.

While sativa's can definitly continue to put on weight even when they look like they are done, I would still say any time you are ready, they are ready.

Ohh and stop turning your light on and night. How would you like to be woken up with some dude staring at you drooling every night ;). They'll be back in the morning presenting their beautifulness in the full light of the sun, you can make it :).

8. #8 Greenbudz, Dec 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2009
    Quoted from lunacy
    "Not sure why this is. I do turn the light (400wt HPS) on for a little while at night sometimes during the plants sleep cycle to water and drool, so I have to assume this caused the plants to finish early. " <----- My friend this is a big No No.

At worst you will have a severe case of Hermaphrodites aka Female plants with Male flowers(pollen sacs). You should NEVER turn the lighht on during the flowering cycle, if you HAVE to water/work in garden use a green light, green light is not absorbed by cannabis. So please use a green 30, 40 , 60 watt party light. Surprised noone commented on this issue. Opps sum1 has Mybad but yes dont turn the light on

9. Well, on that note, I am going to leave them do their thing for a little while longer. This is my first grow. I still am having some trouble with the trichs. I mean, they look cloudy, but its hard for me to tell sometimes....

10. I didnt know that it was bad for the ladies. Will stop for sure. Could this cause the plants to finish flowering early?

11. Well, when they are cloudy it's definitely easy to tell. Plus when they are cloudy, they start to become way more crystally looking. They will tend to look glazed almost, while when the trichs are clear it just looks kinda wet/oily.

Keep watching the trichs daily, and watch for changes.

12. Will do

13. Hi there if I are really interrupting your dark cycle by turning light on....mm my bet is you'v stressed them that much they have hermied and your buds now have many seeds...a good reason for plant to look finished ....and can be easy misses.....during flower u must not interrupt th dark cycle at all.......any light on pistols during dark can force it to make seed some use tbisvtexhnique to make fem seeds..........

14. If anything turning the light on during flowering would make them finish later not sooner, if your turning it on for 30 mins or less, here and there, than likely no dmg but repeated interruption of flowering with light could cause whats known as "bannanas"

SLH can be done in 7 weeks, I find any longer is a waste of nutrients for me because when i puff it, i can't tell the difference between 7 week and 10 week SLH.

hash plant was not ready.

15. NO NO NO NO NO !.
    Rookies scope them before the hairs change colors .
    Week 4 scope them you will see some milky . It that the best time to harvest ?
    And i want to put a shoot out to my dog Diesel that passed away today. 12 year old dog. Died in my arms from a stroke . I love you Diesel and miss you so damn much !!!!!!
    I cryed 20 times today . This is life .

16. Sorry you had to go through that. It always hurts to watch your best friend go away forever. Smoke one for Diesel and remember all the good times

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Winner Winner x 1