Super Indica Bagseed Micro Grow (biggest seedling eva!)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by lalamann, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Never actually tried smoking leaves, I would imagine if they were frosty they might get u high, but I doubt I'd even feel the shit tho:confused:

2. it isnt really worth it, you have to go through at LEAST an entire bowl (murder on the throat when its leaves) to feel anything, and it seems your plant has to have been in 12/12 for at least a few days.

I got plenty of nug right now, mainly doing it for shits and giggles, and i spent a couple years smoking Pipe tobaccy so my lungs and throat can handle it a little better xD

on a scale of 1-10, one bering mexican schwagg and 10 being top-shelf Sativa Headies, i would give my trim a 0.7 on the "high" factor lol

i wouldnt expect to be able to rate the final end product at any higher than 6 or 7 though, considering its likely to be a HIGH cbd to THC ratio indica. The genetics seem TOP NOTCH for a baseed strain so far though

3. #43 lalamann, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
    DAY 16....FOR REAL REAL, not for play play

well, the growth rate is STILL fucking astonishing, nothing, even selective fan leaf trimming seems to be slowing down this beast. the canaopy is a lil thinner becuase i removed a couple fan leaves in an attempt to make its growth SLOW just a tad....it sped up the height growth >:| First dose of Epsom salt today, 1/4 tespoon mixed in with 16 oz spring water, as i saw some VERY minor stem purpling today (2 days after cotyledons withered)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lol, the internodal growth is now developing internodal growth xD, or MAYBE even a preflower, lets see what happens in the coming days :D
    [​IMG]

I CAN SMELL THE FRUITYNESS OF THE PLANT AS SOON AS I ENTER MY ROOM LOL, thank god for a weed friendly house (just me and my brother lol)

4. Wait a few days and look next to that green thing and you'll see either a little ball or a white hair.
    ....pray for a white hair
    :)

5. already am....may shiva be on my side

6. Just read every post so far and have a couple things to say.

I would have done the same exact thing to that dog if I was in your situation. I hope your cat pulls through.

Your plant looks killer for being as young as it is. Hopefully it continues growing like this. Once the plant gets bigger she might slow down as her need for more light increases. CFLs can accomplish a decent grow but they lack the sheer power of MH/HPS. A 250w HPS might be a better upgrade than adding a shit-ton of little CFLs.

7. #47 lalamann, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2012
    lol i have 80 or so watts in there right now, and have enough strips and sockets to add my remaining six 13 watts as the plant grows. so 168 watts total by the end for a plant this size seems like it should be fine, and im adding MORE light every couple of days, i honestly dont see any reason the plant should slow down because in the end it will be lit from EVERY angle, including from underneath the foliage (hopefully)

im expecting my desity to rival that of HID since im lighting from vitually every square inch by the time flowering is done, PLUS there is the FACT that flourescent lighting causes the production of MORE resin than HID, that is fact lol, just has something to do with the light it produces

im just trying to solve the density problem that cfls have, and i am doing that by increasing light every few days till every inch of the plant is illuminated, and with selective trimming the light is penetrating ALL THE WAY to the main stem.

8. And update on Smur, she is doing GREAT, the splint should come off in 9 more days than she can return home, (its gonna suck because i cant let her outside for a month or more since she LOVES to climb trees, and if she were to mess up and fall she could rebreak her femur, its gonna be MURDER trying to keep an outside cat INDOORS for a month xd) since ALL the surgery wqas succesful, ALL that i have to pay for right now, is her antibiotics to keep from infection, and boarding cost (22$ a day)

i work 7 hours or so a day at $14.25/hr, so all should be well in the land of mah kitties soon :D

and the cool thing about this grow is this, i was using ALL incandescensts in my house when i started, when i built my box i also replaced ALL the normal incandescents in my house with 13 watt cfl's, after doing that and making my box (aslo 100% cfls's) my electricity bill actually DROPPED about $9 this month :D

hoping for another $9 or so drop next month as well, since i only had this setup for 2 weeks before the bill came in.

in other words, even though i made a 168 watt grow box, i replaced all my standard house bulbs with cfls, and my electric bill actually DROPPED with the addition of a grow box lol

what more could you want?

9. Glad to hear everything went well with Smur. You could always let her nibble on your plant while shes stuck inside :p

The buds from my last grow had no density at all. I'm going to try more lst, more 2700k lights, and cooler temps this time around.

10. lol, i make PLENTY of money to afford an HID setup, wether it be MH or HPS, it does not matter, but EVERY cfl grown bud i have had the pleasure to smoke had very little density, but the potency was matched by NO other methods, and it was the same with CFL OR T5 bud, the bud was FAR more potent than the HID local bud, but NEVER yeilded as dense buds. But i had a "brain blast" so to speak (product of the nickalodeon era xD) and realised, that the mojority of the local FLOURESCENT growers, and the vast majority online that have this "density problem" are ONLY lighting from above, the same way you would with an HID setup, and i find this laughable, if you light withing a couple inches of every side of the plant with cfls the light penetration should be as much, or potentially even GREATER with cfls then HID, assuming you have cfls on ALL sides.

In other words IMHO cfls are by far the best way to grow, they sure as hell are the cheapest.

IF my predictions are correct, i should have full mature, dense, VERY potent bud from top to bottom of my plant...meaning VERY LITTLE, possibly NONE of that shit fluffy popcorn nug at the bottom. Ideally they will be just as dense and mature as the tops (although just a little behind, it is damn near impossible, even with HID, to get fully mature popcorn bud unless you harvest the tops and leave the bottom bud to mature (which is what i am planning on doing anyway)

11. #51 lalamann, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012
    today's update is a biggie, i can't tell 100% yet but with a 20x glass i am 90% sure it is female. you wont be able to tell as well since im using cell phone cam :( but here it is anyway

in real life, it appears to be 2 super tiny little white pistils growing from a VERY small, sesame seed shaped calyx on BOTH sides of the pictured node :D it is the SECOND node from the top, and it is appearing the same way on BOTH the highest tops as of this morning after last night's dark cycle. It seems legit to me xD

WOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!! (the black ring in the pic is the rim of a 20x mag glass if you didnt figure it out xD) unfortunately this is the clearest and BIGGEST i could get it to come out with cell phone cam :/
    [​IMG]

12. #52 lalamann, Aug 15, 2012
    today's size updates, the stretch is MOST DEFINATELY ON! On some leaves the 4th and 5th leaflet is longer than the 2nd and 3rd xD, a couple leaflets have been removed do to it growing too rapidly and touching the lights while i overslept lol

Day 17 from breaking soil, day 7 12/12
    [​IMG]

This picture just made me realise my back 120mm fan in my PC was burnt out lol...need to get a new one, and gotaa remember to put the side panel back on and get that cereal bag outta there. i think i smoke too much :smoke:
    [​IMG]

the two leaves closest to to the cam are starting to cup down at the tips a bit, but thats only where they are the easiest to access in the box and my dumbass brother keeps pinching the leaves and smelling them....ima have to put a lock on my box if he doesn't stop

13. Sorry about the post about the HPS light. Totally slipped my mind that you were growing in such a small space. I was more thinking about the little kitty and got sidetracked.

Glad to know that she is doing better.

14. #54 lalamann, Aug 15, 2012
    no big deal, i just dont see the point in paying that much even if i can when i wouldnt use it to grow any more than i am anyway lol

but even if i grew more id probably just get a t5 setup and supplement with cfls...it just seems, even if lacking weight, the flourescent grown bud packs a better punch hit for hit lol

15. I totally agree with you about the side lighting. Its all about that light penetration, need it to get deep into the buds.

16. Why do you have your leaves cut like that? I don't think light penetration matters as much until you're in flower. I think you should keep those big fan leaves. Those are like solar panels

17. #57 lalamann, Aug 15, 2012
    just trying to slow it down a bit really, growin a little too fast, was making me think it might out grow the setup

you know, the only bad part about growing is that your job in doing so is LITERALLY watching grass grow...but i still think it is more addicting than smoking it :smoke:

18. #58 lalamann, Aug 15, 2012
    Well, i was wrong, they were not preflowers, just the biginnings of new growth :/

i need something better than 20x, it doesnt even seem to be as strong as it said it was lol

19. Duude just went through your thread and have to say first sorry to hear about SMUR man, hope all goes well :) and as well, nice looking little girls, crazy strong strain my friend!!! hope you come to check out my grow as well, as i am popping a squat here to see this thing through :) and i agree on the CFL potency man, i grow only with CFL cause of that reason, i can still produce fat dense buds with my setup and way i have figured out to grow, ( i have mastered CFL growing!) but its so much more killer from CFL :) you can make really good bud with HPS and MH as well just alot more bud and alot more dense, but its alos potent depending on lineage:)

20. Great plant man, congrats on the sexing! I look forward to seeing more pics!