Super Cropping ??

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Oz GreenHand, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Hey Guys, I was talking to one of my fellow growers yesterday about our gardens, and She brought up a koo idea she learned from "High Times" The only thing is she forgot what issue and most of the advice on this technique. She said its called Super Cropping? I just want to know has anyone else ever heard of this method and what does it consist of other then squeezing your branches on the bud sites. Thanks!

2. Super Cropping, if I remember correctly, is basically just beating your plants till hell can't have it. Not enough to break or injure it in anyway, but instead just bending the stock, stems, twisting the main stock, and of course pinching the stems as well.

If you do this you should do it after a feeding, and only when you feel your plant is healthy. It is supposed to increase the Xylem, and Phleom. The strength and mass of your plant should increase because of this, and in theory your plant should grow larger, faster, and carry bigger buds cause it can hold more weight.

BTW this should only be attempted in veg.

3. interesting ill have to try this on one of my plants the next grow

4. Yup. Seems like its another way to pack on more weight. I found out what its all about. Hope this helps some of us.

Super Cropping Technique
    Super Cropping is done by taking a branch between your forefinger and thumb you can gently crush the branch, causing it to develop multiple branches above the crushed area. You must crush it on the correct side or risk breaking the branch. Just squeeze lightly until you feel the branch give, then let go. If it gives easily then you have crushed it on the correct side. If it is hard to crush and the branch splits then you have chosen the wrong side. Practice makes perfect with Super Cropping.

Super Cropping should be carried out during the second or third week of vegetative growth and does stunt the plant. You should also note that plants that are Super Cropped can remain in the vegetative growth stage for twice as long as normal but the end result is a very bushy plant with multiple node regions that should all produce bud. Many growers have thrown Super Cropped plants away because they believed that the plants were not flowering in time. If you Super Crop your plants make sure that you have the patience to wait until the process is finished which - usually about Three to six more weeks of vegetative growth. :rolleyes:

5. ^^^ And that is why Super Cropping is a waste of time!! Sure you can get some of the biggest buds you have ever seen, but good ol' fashion LST is by far the best way to get more bang for your bud. Heck, add a fim and some topping and your all set.

6. :cool: Damn, I guess it always has to be someone who stomps all over a an Idea or a technique. I just posted that Because I didn't know what the technique consisted of, When I found out, I decided to post how to go about doing it in depth. Seeing is how many people do like to try different styles and techniques of growing.

7. I am not stompin on it. It's a good technique for people who have alot of time, and root space.

But some of the negatives, which should also be mentioned with ANY technique, are bad for most growers. It is pointless to sell a technique you have no idea about!
    It causes alot of stress on plants. Technique truely works well on feminised seeds, but also increases chance of hermie by alot. It also sends most plants into shock and stunts their growth, but in return you will get more budsites. And for all the indoor growers, time = money. Then there is just bad practice and the great chance of yourself killing the plant by overdoing it.

I am just saying in my opinion this techinque should have never been adapted to use on the MJ plant. But then again other growers love this style... Soma, from Soma Seeds for example swears by it.

next time don't get it twisted.

8. Every technique has a negative! Everything from storing seeds to how you cure your bud. If never explained the the potential mistakes of each technique your bound to make a mistake. Don't be lead into the dark cause no one will be there to hold your hand... if you don't let them.

And if you don't believe that then I hope someone tells you to shit in your plant cause it is great for it!

9. I do a slight supercrop tech on my plants. I know this can be taken to extreme, and I have seen some pics with extremely fat stems using it.. I just pinch right before, and after each node, and future bud site.. Basically it causes the stems to fatten which supposedly allows more nutrients to flow through, and creates a really sturdy stem where branches/buds will be forming. i've been doing it on my grapefruit x nl slightly this round

10. This is the first grow that I have ever supercropped.....I will have to say that the size of my stems are quite larger then before....and the buds seem to be developing a little more quickly. But on the down side, the plants showed no signs of growth for about 4-5 days.

11. Yeah it's just like training a plant... yeah you benefit but everytime you hurt the plant you slow down it's growth for a day or two... so im not sure how efficient it really is weighing out extra time to added weight

12. Not trying to come off the wrong way, but do your plants have some place to be? I mean, I want to smoke them just as bad as you peoples, but if I can wait another week or two, to gain weight. Shoot, already waited 4 monthes, whats 4 1/2. To me its just another payperiod. And as far as hurting them, ya I can see where that can't really be a good thing. But in return, if you think about wight lifting and building up muscle mass, you tear down the muscles so they will grow back bigger and stronger. Well, to me, that is what I am doing when I supercrop. But I also haven't been growing as long as a lot of you (and this is my first attemp with supercropping). So the long term affects have yet to have been seen.

13. I did pinching and breaking of stems during the first 2 weeks of flower with no ill effects, the buds are fatter and the stems are strong enough to hold their weight as well as good knots that have setup on teh breaks providing my plants with the nutrient super highway they so sorely need during budding. Don't knock it till you tried it and believe me it doesn't slow growth by weeks, maybe a couple days but that is it. I am using Kali MIst so being heavily sativa it might be better suited to the abuse and she likes it rough. MJ and this technique go very well together since it is such a resilient plant that is capable of many things beyond the normal plant world.

14. say you had a hydroponic scrog with one huge plant growing from a container twice the size of a buble bucket. would it recover faster than a plant grown in soil?

15. I swear by it, I supercrop inside and outside and the plants grow a nice even canopy with many colas instead of one which leads to a much bigger yeild.

Attached Files:

16. I've super cropped a TON in the last decade. It's proved to be a very beneficial technique in producing high yeilds and potent buds. I've found a GREAT TOOL to help me avoid severely breaking stems and help eliminate the struggle of super cropping thick stems. I got mine at a local hydro store, but they have it online as well. WEEDTHEWAY.COM. I HIGHly recommend it if you need help with super cropping escpecially when you have many plants to work with ;)