Super Cropping Vs Topping Vs Fimming Vs Lst

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Turbo123, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Hi,planning my 2nd grow,feck me took me ages to choose new seeds,exciting though.I'm going for feminised Nothern Lights,Critical and AK48 bought through Attitude Seed Bank.This site has mainly good reviews but the best thing about the sitr for me was the ability to pick and mix single seed,so you can get one of a few different strains rather than a package,usually 3 or 5, of a seed.Let u know how it goes.

I want to get the best out of my plants and treat them with respect.I have a closet 19"x32"x60",using soil mix,for the first few weeks I'll use 300 watt dual spectrum cfl,switching to a 250 watt hps for the rest.I'm confused about supper cropping,topping and fimming,has anyone got a thread about the before and after pictures of these techniques?

I've researched this but not found any real informative comparisons.Any body help.Cheers.

2. Its up to you.

Any of the 3 is as good as the other two...just pick a style(or 2) and master em.

Training is almost like a growers fingerprint..we all do it slightly different.

http://forum.grasscity.com/plant-training/

3. Thanks for that,I'll do bit more research before I decide, got few months to go yet.Cheers.

4. Question: Been growing 24 years and never tried super cropping. I have read much on the subject (in fact almost every thread on the subject on this forum). So here is the question. Is it normal on a plant 10 inches tall with 10 internodes, pinched between the fifth and sixth node and laid on the pots edge; to have knuckled, returned to 90 degrees, and top J'd back to lights in under 12 hours? Is this enough time/shock to force the auxins to "reallocate" to the lower growth? Everything I have read says plant should show signs of injury for 4 to 5 days?

5. Interesting visual comes to mind.  Do you have a pic of said training?

6. Not really that special just maybe worded a little incorrectly. The top was bent to lay on the edge of the pot (normal supercropping). In 12 hours it picked it top up back to 90 degrees from rest of plant, knuckled, and leaves and bent stalk made J motion back towards light. I know how to super crop. I am just wondering if the auxins will reallocate that fast or if I should reinjure it.

shouldnt knuckle by then but yea it starts going back toward the light..ive only supper cropped to take some inches off a plant getting too big..did you pinch the stem as flat as you could before bending? it usually points more down then 90 degrees

8. I super cropped half my plants this year and a month and half into flower have far less yield on the cropped plants. I did not touch half of the plants- didn't even prune leaves except a couple that had mold started. I was trying to increase yield as my plants were severely stunted when I left my boyfriend to care for them while I went to mexico. He let them sit in standing water for 2 weeks. when I got back the bottom half of all the plants were yellow.

9. You super cropped to late should do it before flowering or just a couple weeks after flowering.

Sent from my Nexus S using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Not trying to be an ass, but, it sounds like the BF should catch the blame here not the supercrop.