Super cropping gone wrong (cracked outer layer)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by CannabisCarter, Jun 19, 2015.

1. When I was trying to super crop my plant I broke the outer shell, I taped it and left it when I came back the next day it was standing back up so I tied it down is this right ? Should I keep it tied down or remove it ? image.jpg

2. #2 Baked Bread Baker, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2015
    Depends on which direction you want it to grow, if you are going for a wider canopy keep it tied down, it will heal right there. The growing tip will continue to try to go up so depending on how long you want the branch horizontally you will have to continue breaking/bending/ tying it down as it grows

Make sure to keep an eye on the taped section, once the branch starts to widen the tape may constrict

3. Thank you so I should really remove the tape after a couple days ? And was it to early to do this ? My hopes was to try n super crop it but I think I should do I it to the branches not the main stem

4. You can probably wait a week or longer, make sure it's fully healed before carefully removing tape, you don't want to break the wound again by ripping it off.

Branches are easier to bend. If the growth after the break doesn't wilt after a day then she should heal fine

5. It was bending back up the same day. I have 4 going ATM one I'm trying this here in the pic above, second I tiopped third ima if and last ima leave normal just want to try new techniques I've been growing for many years but never tried these techniques any tips would be appreciated