Super cropping auto? Need advice

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by r.mansoor, Feb 16, 2017.

1. so I'm growing northern lights AUTO outdoors, she's in her pre flowering stage. I don't know if I should super crop or top this plant! She's very healthy and I don't want her to get stuned but I do want more than one cola, here are some pictures

Attached Files:

2. I don't grow autos, but everthing I've read on here says don't top. LST is what you should have started a while ago. You still can, just tie the top branch down. Pull it down slowly and tie it off. In a day or 2 you can prob pull it down a lil farther. It'll open your plant up and gives the smaller branches time to catch up. These plants from seed tend to grow like a xmas tree. The single top has apial dominance. So by bending it over the other shoots try and gain that dominance. That's why you see so many posts on even canopies. When they are all the same height they're equal in their dominance. Thats how you get a bunch of large cola's vs. 1

• Like Like x 2
  3. I grow only autos but after research, I have not LST'd or topped even a single one. Better try to get one main cola and few side ones. I have seen grow diaries where LST has eventually affected the final yield in autos. In the end, your call. Let me know how it works out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. #6 deganja, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017

5. Yeah LST all the way with autos, dont top them.

6. My Auto Jack Herer is in its 47th day and just about started its pre-flowers. Would you say I can still LST or is it too late now? Anyway my Krippleberry auto is day 3. So if it is too late for my Jack, then will try it out for the krippleberry

7. i dont think its too late. still may be beneficial to the plant and i dont think it could hurt anything..go for it man

• Like Like x 1
  8. I would say there is plenty of time, my Blueberry Kush Auto is around day 65 and i am still using LST. As long as you can still bend the plants branches you can use LST.

9. Great. I think I will try it out tomorrow then.

10. Yeah I lst-ed it and It has different shoots now, yeah I will keep on pulling down the branches. Thanks for the help

11. I'm not topping or super cropping anymore, I'm just gonna stick to lst

12. IV supercrop autos before with fantastic results. Here is a LinkedIn to my indoor grow from a couple year back

And here is the outdoor crop .

IV grown for a number of years now and IV found alot of nonsense is written on how to grow cannabis, at the end of the day it is called weed for the reason that it grows like weeds