Super Critical Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by ghsspark, Sep 17, 2011.

1. if your screen is almost full, flip now to use the flowering stretch to finish filling the screen

otherwise you'll have stems above the screen which isn't what you want

2. i have got 30-35 budsites so far so i'd feel comfortable flipping it now,i may do it tmz so its a full 6 weeks :) i think scrog is the way forward now i see what u mean!

the BW was an amzing smoke,had nothing but good reports back about it. i'll keep an eye out for pics :D

3. Hey GC not updated as been a busy boy recently. Things are going ok apart from yellowing of leaves again. Got a few ideas to try and solve it but no joy yet. Were at 4 weeks flowering and they are stinking up the cab now. My pineapple Express seems to love the screen real carpet of buds through the whole area. Strawberry D and Purple Haze have a few gaps. SD seems to be maturing faster than the others so thinking it might be pulled a little earlier. The taller plant on its own is a SD clone in a 5l pot thats been 12/12 since 2 days of showing roots. Kind of impressing me how well its doing. Only threw it in to use up some spare space so happy days. Take it easy guys heres the pics: Pineapple Express Front Strawberry DLite Back Right Purple Haze Back Left:smoke:

Attached Files:

4. looking good as usuall man! yields guna be LARGE again i assume lol i always have a problem with yellowing in flower,not so much with the BW but the SC was quite bad for me :( how much height do i want to aim for above the screen then im confused? i was thinking to aim for 4 inch colas? its hard to get an image in my head how its all guna work out even seeing other scrogs lol

5. [quote name='"qualitypotlover"']looking good as usuall man! yields guna be LARGE again i assume lol i always have a problem with yellowing in flower,not so much with the BW but the SC was quite bad for me :( how much height do i want to aim for above the screen then im confused? i was thinking to aim for 4 inch colas? its hard to get an image in my head how its all guna work out even seeing other scrogs lol[/quote]

Thanks man. Yeah the yellowing keeps happening on my grows so must be a common problem with my setup. Thinking nutes/temps might be affecting them. As for ur Scrog it looks spot on. Mine never get vegged under the screen. I LST them in veg n just drop the screen on top once they're ready for flowering. Wish I had space to veg under a screen.

The scrog guide I read says about the stretch(not my info)
    So, you have turned back the timer to 12/12 and it has been 4 days now. The growth from the stretch is starting to show. You get in there and pull all those new shoots back under your screen and put them where you want them to be. A few more days pass. More growth. Now the decision part comes into play. Just how far over the screen do you want your buds to be? If you stop training them early in the stretch. They will grow alittle above the screen (maybe 3-6inches depending on the strian). If you continue trianing them until they start to top out. They will grow only alittle more and most of the bud will form right in the screen. This technique is great for those stetchy sativa's. However when doing this method keep an eye out for mold and try to have as much air flow between the buds as possible. I have done it both ways and they are both awsome. It may take you a grow or two to get the timing down to where you want it but once you do. I am sure you will be pleased with the results.

Hope it helps. You'll see once the stretch gets started which way you want to go. Take it easy man.

6. thanks man i think im going to let them grow taller rather than shorter for the first time incase i fuck up up the first go lol just waiting for the lights to come on in 5 minutes and see how they look,its day 2-3 of stretch :D

the nutes in my soil will be running out soonish,do you think if i was to put a layer of fresh soil on top that would help for a bit of feed?

7. [quote name='"qualitypotlover"']thanks man i think im going to let them grow taller rather than shorter for the first time incase i fuck up up the first go lol just waiting for the lights to come on in 5 minutes and see how they look,its day 2-3 of stretch :D

the nutes in my soil will be running out soonish,do you think if i was to put a layer of fresh soil on top that would help for a bit of feed?[/quote]

I like the idea of havin a few nice size colas. As for your soil it should work. Never done myself but I've read threads were they've dropped a layer of ferts on top for extra feed. Has the cheese took off now you've flipped? I'll check your thread later.

8. Hey GC UPDATE for ya. Day 39 12/12. Loving the smell coming from the cab right now, Blows me away everytime i open up. Have put a heater in the cab for when lights go out as temps are a bit lower than i'd like. Hopefully i'll be able to take it out for the last 7-10 days and try and get some PURPLE going on the purple haze. The PE is looking like it may need longer to finish than the PH or SD. Few hairs starting to turn orange but not on the PE. Still pumping out new hairs, Not to worry though gonna let it go as long as it needs,I'm thinking of getting some seeds soon for future planning swinging towards a kush strain to add to cab. Anyone got any recommendations?

Enjoy the pics guys. Just under 3 weeks til harvest(I Hope):smoke:

Attached Files:

9. Last Few:smoke:

Attached Files:

10. god DAMMMMMMMM! what are you feeding these things?cocaine? they have really progressd all of a sudden i swear down lol looking good bro

11. [quote name='"qualitypotlover"']god DAMMMMMMMM! what are you feeding these things?cocaine? they have really progressd all of a sudden i swear down lol looking good bro[/quote]

Hahaha. Funny mate. I know they just really started to pile on this last week. Think my PE is gonna yield the most but we'll see.

12. Sorry guys no more updates. Had to shut my shit down. Circumstances changed so no more growing for me. Absolutely gutted but I'll get over it. Take it easy guys n thanks for all the comments/advice. Will still be on checking how everyone's getting on so see you's around. Peace.

13. mann that sucks :( hope u didnt get busted by the plod? your SCROG pictures will be missed!

14. hey man hows it going? i'v got another super critical on the go! looking back over your thread has got my hyped for harvest :D hope things are good ur end!