Sup from Vancouver, BC!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SonicYouth, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Not sure why I'm making this hello post, just wanted to talk to anyone really. I've used this site a lot in the past for information and had an account but just thought I'd start using it. A few things about myself... hmm. My signature kinda explains it. I'm a female, I spend most my time at the vapour lounge in vancouver bc (if you haven't heard of it, look it up. it's fucking amazing) I play bass and guitar, love my vinyls, and some random bands I quite enjoy are: The Doors, Beck, Black Sabbath, Gogol Bordello, John Frusciante, Nirvana, Snoop Dogg, Radiohead, Sonic Youth and The Smashing Pumpkins. Talk to me and let me know things I should be knowing before getting into this site (if necessary that is). :smoke: Peace!

2. Should I hit up the vapor lounge next time I'm in Van? Can you buy weed there?

3. I'd say yes, definitely you should hit it up. Pretty much is there's a amsterdam cafe beside it where you can eat, smoke, buy bongs/pipes, etc and then to the left of it upstairs there's the vapour lounge. You can't buy weed there, but it's legal to smoke it there. Technically cops can catch you with weed walking in but there's much worse things going on down there, they never do anything about it. In the vapour lounge you can either rent a bong of any size or get a vaporizer. There's music, tv, and some couches. It costs 5 dollars for an hour (which is pretty good) and there's drinks and food for cheap. You have to bring your own weed but the vaporizers there are wonderful and get you oh-so-high. :)

4. Welcome. I love visiting Vancouver, BC.

5. It's wonderful! I've never been to Portland but really want to.

6. You should. Lots of fun here. People that move here from Europe say that it's because Portland (and to an even greater extent, San Francisco) are more similar to European cities than other US cities.

7. I'll definitely try and go there sometime. I know tons of good bands go through there too, that's my main reason for wanting to visit haha.