sunshine

Discussion in 'Movies' started by bubblehead, Jan 21, 2009.

1. sunshine is awesome while baked...the cg, the cinematography, the story, it kicks ass. As i was watching it i kept saying to myself they should have had some mj growing in their oxygen gardens, it would certainly pass the time better.:smoke:

2. Sunshine is a great movie. My only complaint is that about 3/4 of the way through I think the director forgot what sort of movie he was making. It went from a sci-fi thriller to some sort of slasher film.

3. yea..you're right it did get a little wierd at the end. I think it was interesting enough to overlook the bizzare burnt to a crisp dude.

4. Exactly, it was a great movie all the way up until they introduced the new character. Sorry, but it's Alexander Garland's fault, not Danny Boyle's

5. Haha you guys aren't alone. I was disappointed too about how they finished it.

It had great stuff nonetheless, though.

6. I didn't mind the ending. You can't reasonably expect a pure sci-fi flick these from a big name production company.

7. I thought it was a good film, the ending did kind of suck but what ever.

8. #8 MoonJuice, Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2009
    It was uh, "inspired" by Event Horizon, both Boyle and the screenwriter loudly voiced their enthusiasm for it, you know, so they wouldn't get sued. The parallels are too numerous to list.

That said, solid film; fantastically paced. In the end it's actually probably better than EH but that's just because DB creates this smooth atmosphere that's second only to '2001' in terms of "space stylistics", and... the characters are eons more memorable.

EH is still an underrated horror flick, extremely creepy, definitely check it out if you haven't.

9. Hell yes Event Horizon is an under rated film, I just picked up the bluray of it not too long ago and the transfer is amazing for a film so old.

Even if it gets kind of cheesy and lame at times, still gotta love it. Paul WS Anderson's only good movie