Sunshine Mix vs Generic Black Gold Organic Soils

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by wongsuxx, Nov 10, 2010.

1. I'm following close to LD's organic soil mix and LD notes that both are manufactured by Sun Gro Horticulture.

Sunshine Mix is not available where I live but the Organic Black Gold Potting Soil is.

Can I substitute Black Gold's mix for the Sunshine Mix? If so, what kind of results should I expect in comparison to Sunshine Mix?

Also, I'm having a hard time locating neem seed meal and neem seed oil. Any suggestions?

2. #2 jakrustle, Nov 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2010
    Wong, look up neemresource.com, I believe it is to get your neem seed products. that's where I got mine. Great place to order from.. Also, you will have very good results with the BG Organic Potting Soil. Look at the ingredients. They are are very good potting soil. Of course, go with the amendments that are suggested by LD and others. Either way, BG is a great substitue if you cannot get the Sunshine Mixes.

3. Wong, you know, I just checked their site. They have the oil to order, but are currently out of the neem seed cake. They are one of the better places suggested and the only on e I have used, but someone may have someone else to recommend if you are in a hurry.

JaK

4. Wongsuxx,

The site JaK recommended has by far the best Neem cake (IMO), but you can't grow wrong if you get your neem seed meal from these folks. I've used both of these neem products and they're both reputable.

Here is a study sent to me by LD that shows some of the amazing qualities of neem cake when added to your soils. Some good reading for sure. In particular, the paragraphs on page 144 describe increased health and vigor, as well as accelerated growth in plants treated with neem cake/meal.

HTH

chunk

5. I absolutely could be definetly wrong here, but I personally did not like the Sunshine Mix consistency. It appears to be much too "peaty" . To me, it seemed to consist of peat and perlite.

just my .02 cents.

Its all good.

jerry.