SunnySkyeSS. Master or og kush! First time grower!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SunnySkyeSS, Jan 24, 2017.

1. So. I'm a first time grower. My friend sent me some seeds he made, they are either og kush or master kush. Nobody really knows!

[​IMG]

I'd like to list some things I've learned and hear back if anyone has differing opinions or ideas..

My grow room is I guess where I'll start :

[​IMG]

Size of the grow "room" is 4'56"x2'29"x4'. It will soon be legal for me to grow up to four plants!

Lighting- I will be starting out with s 150 watt bulb and moving up to a 1000watt LED full spectrum light.

Soil mediums- organic soil, organic kelp and myco tea. Going with 3 gallon pots. 1/3 organic soil 1/3organic compost 1/3 sand and vermiculite. (Mortar or construction sand).

Timing- sprouts in 3-4 days with 18/6 lighting

Jiffy professional greenhouse... to put my germinated seeds in.

Water- 5 gallon bucket tap water sat out for 24 waters.

Am I on the right track? Confusing post. I just smoked my medicine!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. A couple of things for you to think about.
    Lights
    You're talking about wattage but I don't know if you mean the advertised wattage or what the lights actually pull at the wall. If that's a true 1000w light in a space that size you'll kill everything in the cabinet!
    Pots
    I would urge you to start in solo cups or something similar and then transplant into a 1 and then a 3 and then maybe a 5 depending on how many plants you want to put in that space. I hope you're not thinking about planting all of them
    Water
    Leaving your water out for 24hrs isn't going to help with the ph .. get a meter off Amazon so you can test your tap water. Soil grows like 6.5-6.9 if possible.
    Light exposure
    After your seeds germinate you'll want to give them gentle light 24/7 for a week or 2. There's no hard and fast rule but the seedlings will tell if they're happy.