Sunny Day/Shady Evening

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by toasted t, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Hi I'm new to the forum and i was just curious about the whole flowering process. The place where i plan to plant my seeds will be in the sun from sunrise at around 5:30 AM until about 6 PM at night. I know that flowering requires 12/12 hours of sunlight and darkness. I guess what I'm asking is will my plants flower earlier due to them being in the shade for about 12-13 hours of the day and in direct sunlight for the other 12-11 hours? or does shade not technically count as darkness? I hope they would take the shade as darkness because I will only be able to grow my plant until august and its still daylight for 14 hours in august. If not ill need to construct some sort of shelter i can cover my plants in to ensure they will be in total darkness and flower on time. Thank you!

2. Complete darkness is necessary. Shade isn't darkness, its just shade

3. Does anyone have any cheap ideas that I can cover my plants with?

4. They won't even start to flower till Mid august and then they'll need about 70 more days to finish.. Just not practical to try and cover outside plants that long.. Not counting the molded mess a tent will make of a ground plant.. Tried this once and it was a disaster..
    What makes you think you have to be harvested by August ?? Leaving the country for some reason ?? Better off growing inside where you can control everything..

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  5. Id consider a quick auto strain

Holy shit, its not butter?

6. If his only option is outdoors (where i live mmj is just legal to grow outdoors) why not set up a cheap greenhouse and cover it up with a black tarp

7. Not saying that wouldn't work and I know the Nor Cal crew used something like that to finish the spring set as summer arrived.. I know they had elaborate light traps setup on each end of the green house tunnel so they could still vent and not let a speck of light in.. Not an easy trick..
    I was only working on a couple of plants and hadn't figured a way to vent and keep it blacked out..

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  8. It definitely sounds complicated as hell. But possible. Auto flowers sound more reasonable in his situation unless he has the option of growing indoors

9. No I'm just moving away to college and I'll be about 3 hours away, not exactly the best situation. I have found someone however that is willing to come and water them for me while I'm gone. Thanks for the help guys

• Like Like x 2