Sunlight

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by whatanoob, Jan 10, 2011.

1. How do you guys know if your spot has enough sunlight? Besides being in an open field. Like an opening in the woods or an opening near a stream or something. How can you tell if its a good spot to grow?

2. atleast 6+ hours of sunlight, soil you will probably haul in yourself along with water. Sunlight and soil here are key.

3. yes i know i am aiming atleast 8 hours of direct sunlight. but how do you guys know that a spot is suitable for growing? like if it gets enough sunlight. do you use a meter or sunlight gauge or do you just rely on your gut?

4. The sun is powerful, and can penetrate the most thickess
    canopy's. so dont think to hard.

You shouldnt complicate yourself,
    keep it simple, and on the way. you'll perfect your
    growing procedure'

5. i guess your right there ikillz. im just debating over making a spot in the woods by cutting some trees down or growing in a somewhat open field. the field would get maximum sunlight but the woods would be safer

6. its tough specially here with this fucking jungle like forest but usually if there is undergrowth and saplings that means its more open to sunlight,so.. i cut down a
    few saplings and i grow some bigguns, my indica's are usually 6ft when they are done
    which are BIG for indicas, im guessing my strain is from the nepal area since they are monsters but yeah, its "almost" common sense when looking for a plot area with good
    sunllight.

7. ok yeah but which should i go for. the open area that could be spotted or cutting some trees down in the woods? which would be the best for 10-12 plants?

8. fly overs will look for cut down trees and spot your plants if there in obvious spots. I would recommend finding a natural opening in the tree canopys and plant there alongt he tree line

9. Thanks guys. I found a legit opening in the woods. Actually 2. But both would be ideal. I am worried about a construction site. Its about 30 yards away and it looks like they cut a trail going towards my spot but it seems like they havent used it in a long time. This is at the back part of the construction site and there is woods and tall grass between the 2 so I should be good. It was winter time and i couldnt see the construction site from my spot and vice versa so we should be allllll gooooood:D

10. try not to get a smelly plant if your that close to a contruction site, as soon as it starts flowering its gonna get stinky, id tr and be as far away from civilization as possible to be the most safe

11. if you cant see it though you should be fine though