Sunlight and LEDs??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JSgrewit42, Jan 11, 2018.

1. I run about 300 actual watts of LED over this plant and I just decided to take her outside and let her soak up some sun. This change in lights won’t cause any stress will it ? I will put back in my tent around 4pm.

Attached Files:

2. they like it however you do risk bringing ''baddies'' into your tent where they will flourish..gotta watch that

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. @JSchwalke18
    Never bothered mine to set them out to catch some sun in addition to the T5s and CFLs
    Can't see why LED would be any different.
    Just be sure and shade-protect the pot from direct sun. Inside plants will fill the pots to the walls with roots and hot sun can damage them and by the time you see the plant has wilted the damage is done.
    White sheets or toweling is what I used. Random boards work. Anything to keep direct sun off the pot sides.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  4. i guess ill ask while im here, whats the difference in transplanting stress and mobility stress? in my case giving the ladies some sunlight means carrying her down stairs and quite a bit of jostling.... while we transplant we typically dont go digging through our root structures, just loosen, lift, and press... so wouldnt almost identical physical movements be made while carrying out both actions?

5. Thanks for the advice guys. Of course the minute I take my plant ouside the sun decides to disappear..lol

6. I dont think carrying your plant down the stairs will stress it. I do think transplanting and training plants stresses it. So I think you are asking if it slows your growth because of moving the plant from inside to out ? Then I would say no. I suppose I have no experience to say that as I’ve only had a few grows myself.

7. Theres more to worry about then stress.Its not if u will but when---- chances are HIGH that hitchhiker's of some sort will get a ride on your plants go right back into that pretty little grow room.First 3 things that come to mind
    are mold,fungus,and bugs.Last but not least if this is a photo-period plant and we are in Jan.One of the weakest
    months of the year ( SUN ) as well as the shortest days of the yr.U can flip your plants to flower w/o intending to (in your case if those pics are up to date ) u dont have to worry if its a PP plant
    .Geographically speaking i dont know where u live but temps can vary widely -indoor-outdoors --theres where most of your stress could come from? I always ask myself what do i stand to gain from this and do the pros and cons balance out???

• Like Like x 1
  8. I don’t plan on removing it from the tent anymore. To worried about bringing bugs back in to my tent. Yes it’s a photo I plan on vegging for a while so I would rather it not flip on me lol.

9. She has a way to go before pre-flower.You prob wont have to worry about this JS but beware of the GF virus - I caught this and it wiped out entire crop. GF = Girlfriend Virus lmao bitch cut down every single one i had, and this crazy mofo smokes more then i do lol. GL with your grow

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. She is pretty smalll for 19 days old. Compared to my last grow so just assumed it was the statin but she is looking very Sativa to me. It’s a bagseed