Sunburn

Discussion in 'General' started by kushkush10, Apr 24, 2010.

1. got some bad sunburn, forget the sun screen when i went to the beach -_-.ive been told to put vinegar oil on it does it sting?!!! any advice would be much appreciated :D

2. lotion with aloe in it, come on man really?

3. You're kidding, right? Take frequent cold showers and apply generous amounts of aloe vera (preferably a gel) in the affected areas.

4. besides aloe...
    use noxema, it cools it off really good and actually helps heal the burn. even says its used for sunburns and other burns on the container.:p

5. i have used aloe gel and creams before, but i wanted some advice from someone who has used vinegar oil cuz i read online it stops your burn from peeling. and i have used the aloe gel and still peeled

6. vinegar oil? hmm
    my guess is if you put a vinegar + oil mixture on your skin you are just going to make a mess and feel silly... not to mention stinky and oily.

7. Dude, your skin needs to peel in order for new skin to appear. There is no avoiding that, really. Applying vinegar sounds like a horrible idea. Just take cool showers/baths + aloe vera cooling gel and remember the sunblock next time! The sun has been horribled these past few days here...I mean, look at my location -_-

Also drink water, sunburns dehydrate you.

8. lol, i live in south Florida to and it has been horrible, im usually shirtless or have a tank top on when im outside, doesn't help at all. especially when i forget my sun block :rolleyes:

9. Dude, I lived in south eastern florida for a couple years and I got my fair share of sunburn. Use OCEAN POTION. It is this blue jelly. It feels like rohtos. Its great for sunburn.

10. Thanks dude, never heard of it, will check it out :hello:

11. Just keep smacking yourself where it hurts the most.
    Let us know the results.

12. aloe man, i get sunburned like its my job.

Edit: ill get ripped on for this but im a red head, so i know a thing or two about getting fried.

13. #14 kushkush10, Apr 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2010
    i have googled trying vinegar oil and theres really wasn't any reviews i wanted to hear from someone who tryed it, im glad you got off on being a prick :cool:

lol, i see no reason to rip on you but its funny how you put it

14. If you want to hear from people who tried it, then actually click on the links smart guy :rolleyes:

Like this one

15. ah this thread just reminded me about the beginning of the landscaping season and the ammount of sunburns I will no doubt get once i start work. Can not wait lol

16. i heard pouring molten lava on the burn will fix it right up

it rubs the lotion on the skin

17. If you have severe blistering, or start running a fever, vomiting etc. seek medical attention promptly.:)

18. You should really take a warm shower instead of cold.

19. Put aloe vera on it frequently, it's pretty soothing