Sun Question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Kali King, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Would no obstructions between the sun and your plants weather it be morning/evening angles or directly over head is considered "Direct Sunlight"? I have exactly 13.5 14 hours of direct sunlight with the proper amount of medium, could I expect a healthy strong White Widow to triple in size once it begins to flower?

2. im not sure what your asking but if you get 13 hours of direct sunlight (that means the sun is on the plant and the plant has its own shadow) than youll harvest will be quite high

i get direct sun from 9 in the morning to 8 at night lots of sun ... and my plants are pushing 5 feet tall and 3-4 feet wide

youll be fine

maybe not triple but it could.... just prepare for the strectch it will mostlikley double

3. I cant believe how happy people are about these 5 foot plants.. mine are 11 feet tall by 10 feet wide.. just sayin..

4. #4 msad420, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2011
    right on man ahaha your in nor cal.. i started mine really late in the season so dick off... this is my first grow to so i think im doin pretty good no need for you chop shop ....

when did you start your plants chopshop? cuz that determines what size there gonna be

r urs in veg still or flowr cuz mine are still all in veg.. mine still have around 4 weeks left of veg and once they hit flower they could double to triple in size so really your not that far ahead if yours are in flower... yours were 5 feet at 1 time to bud .. mine ell end up being just as big as yours

ill beleive this 11 foot plant by 10 feet wide when i see a pic

5. i'm just sayin holmes dont get your pussy sore.. I wish they were in flower already.. planted outdoor first weekend of may but grew my clones 3 feet tall in the garage before they went out.. you either grow hella fat ass plants, or you run out before next crop holmes.. this aint my first rodeo..

6. #6 Sickleg, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I looked at your thread that you make one month ago. Your plant was almost 6 ft tall according to you(the picture doesn't look like a 6 ft plant but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. There is absolutely no way you plant grew from 6 ft to 11 ft tall in one month, no way. Especially with a plant so bushy, the vertical growth would be much slower.

I think vastly overestimating your plant and if you are gonna talk, you better put some pictures up pretty quick here. Otherwise stuff it.

7. stuff this bitch..

Attached Files:

8. Very nice plant. I'd say it's about 8 feet tall using your 6 foot fence as a reference. Which would be much more realistic growth rate.

9. We move ours around to catch the sun all day. Good idea? They are in about 3-4 gallon pots so not to difficult to move at this point. Also, we are having really cool weather and it was a pretty cool spring too so they are getting a late start.

10. #10 stupidstuff, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2011
    Haha nice 7 maybe 8 footer. I will pull more off a 4 footer in a pot than you will off that bush. It all produces bud so who cares? Why trash on someones method. I grow smaller for a reason and hate people who think bad about people that grow small. I was excited with my first plant and I was growing in a 2x2 cabinet.

To the OP
    I get about 6 hours direct light but more is better. You just need to be patient with less lighting and give them longer depending on temp and weather. So you have plenty.

11. I agree...chopshops plant looks to be 6-8 feet tall. Surely not 11. And the excitemnt for being that bis in Cali? chops I'm way north of ya and have over 40 plants bigger than that. Just aint right blasting someone else for being excited for what they accomplish.Lighten up a little bit

12. 4 feet is not small if you have tight nodes... little sassy arent we chopshop.. comedown were all growers u just sounded a bit off with ur post i guess i was to .. nice plant though for sure...

im nottttt trying to start shit lol but to the poster above how would you yield more of a 4 foot plant cuz i would rather keep mine small aswell and would like to hear your thoughts lol

13. Especially when a 4 foot god bud can put out 3lbs per plant lol.