Sun question?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by GanjaGrower420T, Feb 22, 2012.

1. I remember reading somewhere that it's good to have a a clear area to the south for sunlight because that gets the most light to your plants? Is this true I tried to go back and find where I read that but I couldn't find it

2. Yep u remember right bud.

3. [quote name='"letsgrowit"']Yep u remember right bud.[/quote]

Awesome I think I've got the perfect spot picked out thanks for the conformation man!

4. #4 letsgrowit, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2012
    Good deal! I think location is prolly one of the most important factors to consider. Your whole grow from security to yield is so dependant on it that picking the right spot is a very big factor in your grow. My spot should recieve approx 10 hrs of sunlight.

5. Yes an no. You don't get more light that more of has to do with what is in the way. Trees bushes ect. Its the morning light that u want though. The light spectrum that comes off the morning sun is what your plants pheen for. So more make sure u get as much light from the east

6. Yes the morning sun is important (East) against mold but not sufficient (4-5 hours) in terms of yield. If I were to choose between a spot with sun in the morning (9-3 pm) or afternoon (1 pm to 7 pm), I would choose the morning sun mainly because of mold.
    However, the most sun comes from the south and an open south is the best spot (8-10 hours), or even better if you can have an all day spot (from a.m. to p.m. 12-14 hours) for the strongest and heaviest plants. I prefer a few plants in full sun than dozens in shady spots. They are sun loving plants and need the most sun.