sun light and shade

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by endosmokrWV, Jun 30, 2006.

1. well i got my grow started in the woods and i was wondering how much shade is too much shade? they get light most of the day, but in the morning and evening they're in shade with spots of light. :confused:???

2. A little shade is good for them especially when its sweltering hot. If they are getting 85% of the days sun they'll be just fine, however if you notice that the plants bgin to stretch then they are lacking sun and are trying to reposition thereselves so they get more light. If they stretch to much (more than 4-5inch) between leaf sets then I'd try and relocate them somewhere else.

Hope this is some help for you. This is only my opinion! I am in NO WAY telling you that this is what you HAVE to do.

3. Don't pressure him!
    Nah I'm just messing, If its just a little shade its fine.

4. mine gets the same situation your dealing with....mines doing fine.

5. MJ is a tropical plant and can take all the sun you can give it.

6. the plant will exist in about 15% sunlight.

but existing isnt the same as thriving. they would like 100%sunlight. as u reduce that #, u will get progressively less and less yield until at about 20% sunlight, u will get nuthing but a plant.

full sun = 6hr or more of direct sunlight.

7. thanks for the info, i think they'll be fine but i planted another smaller crop in a better location just in case

8. That is probably a good idea anyway.

But to grow well, MJ needs eight hours of good daylight each day, not necessarily bright sun. Although with brighter sun it will of course grow better, which is why MJ does so well here in sunny Spain.

But in places with a lot of overcast, like the UK, good outdoor crops can be achieved.