Sun-gazing

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by DenialTwist, Mar 18, 2011.

1. I tried this for a 2 week period last year and felt an uplift in my emotions, but didn't see it through. Recently I have been drawn to sun-gazing again, and have noticed the odd mention on the Consciousness thread. Anyway...hope you enjoy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlCJPxxKoaY]YouTube - Solar Gazing with HRM; Part1[/ame]

2. Solar Healing Center

It's everything he's saying consolidated a little bit. Awesome post DenialTwist, I'm actually going to start doing this.

3. I think I'll try this this evening.

I've always heard about it and have wanted to try it for a while.

4. So I if stare at the sun for 9 months, eventually I won't need to eat food anymore? Am I understanding this correctly?

5. Glad you enjoyed it. That link sums it up quite well.

Enjoy :)

Seems so. Best diet in the world :)

6. Don't expect to not have to eat after staring at the sun daily for nine months.

There is a lot more to learning how to get the necessary energy you need outside of eating and drinking, I can assure you. Unless you want to do harm to your body I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

The kinds of people who are able to do that are only the more spiritually advanced human beings on the entire planet.

7. Damn, but I sun-burn very easily =(

This monitor does little to tan my skin.

8. are you seriously saying you stare at the sun for hours so you gain spiritual power?

the mayans[or aztects i forget] used to do this.... claimed they gained the sun god's wisdom from it....

they also considered blindness to be a fer-sher sign of spiritual wisdom in people...

but not that those two things are related at all.... jus sayin :rolleyes:

9. At first you only stare for 10 seconds or so, and you add 10 seconds each day or something along those lines. Also, you only do it up an hour after sunrise or before sunset. Otherwise you would burn the fuck out of your eyes lol. I guess that in that hour time frame it is ok

10. ah i understand lol

that makes much more sense, i was gonna say this *****s craazzzy

but i might just try that if it really wont burn the fuck outa my retna

better google this first though....

11. It's funny you should bring this topic up, because I've been doing this on and off for the past fortnight. I've got up to 3 minutes sungazing at one time and I've definitely felt better. I'm not sure whether I can attribute that to the sun gazing itself, but it sure sounds like it's done something. It's supposed to stimulate your pineal gland (third eye).

12. I can only go from my experience with this in the 2 or so weeks that I did it. I got to about 2 mins and my eye sight was not compromised at all. If anything it got sharper. Night time vision surprisingly got better.

Did I gain spiritual power? In hindsight yes. I definitely had more energy.

Enough reasons to make me start again.

13. just to add some healthy discussion but dont you think maybe that by just thinking that staring at it will give you some sort of spiritual energy, is whats really giving you the effect, rather then the sun itself?

14. I have asked myself the same question, and not only about the sun. Maybe after 44 minutes of gazing I will reach the conclusion that all I have to do is think about it for it to manifest (on a grand scale), and it took something as powerful as the sun to awaken that inner knowledge. Maybe that knowledge is so powerful that you can only take it in small increments to reap the full benefits.

Once I hit the 1 min mark I found that it emptied my head of all thoughs and I found my heart at peace.

15. One time I was being drove around and my eyes got stuck on the sun.. like I couldnt look away but when I was looking at it I knew it was bright but it didn't hurt my eyes or make them water or nothing like that... it was weird.

16. I'm going to try this (while still maintaining a normal diet, obviously). I'll let you all know how it goes.

17. No offense but this sounds ridiculous.
    Stare at the sun? Maybe vision loss improves your mood? :confused:

18. Just out of curiosity I'm assuming this would still work fine if done while wearing UV protection sunglasses? I mean, I don't see any reason that would lessen the spiritual effects?

Unless by putting something between yourself and the sun's energy that energy is somehow filtered/nulled by the glasses preventing a direct route into your eyes/brain?

Hmm... well I'll have to wait til tomorrow to see if the sun gives me spiritual powers or not, cause right now I'm puffing on the one thing I know gives them to me. :smoke:

19. from Solar Healing Center

20. I suggest buying a solar telescope if you want to stare at the sun... It's quite amazing though expensive.