Sun burn

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Airdog, May 28, 2017.

1. Hi there, first post so apologies if it's in the wrong forum area or the question is already answered.
    I have some 2.5 week old Afghan Kush and Blue dream seedlings that were left unattended for a day in searing dry heat and have now got some some leaves that are crunchy and curled up.
    What can I do to nurture these girls back to health?
    Outdoor, in quart pots.

Attached Files:

2. What medium are they growing in? Looks like nutrient burn.

3. Just a peat moss and perlite blend, they were showing no signs of any ill health until the 105 degree scorcher... so I guessed it was heat. But maybe it is nutrient burn

4. Heat makes the leafs curl up like a canoe. Then all the leafs get crispy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. That's what happened - they unfurled a little yesterday but are still super crunchy and turning brown. I've had them in the cooler shade for the heat of the day for about 2-3 days now.

6. I Appreciate your help btw - if I hedge my bets and say it's nute burn, will flushing harm them if it is indeed heat stress?

7. Just give them straight water for now. Always wait until soil is mostly dry. Pay attention to new growth now.

8. Cool thanks Sade,
    The new growth appears to be healthy so far - I hope they pull through ok. Leaves the deadened leaves on right?
    Apologies for so many noob questions

9. Those leafs eventually fall off as the canopy gets taller.

• Like Like x 1