summer solstice

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by dylan, Jun 21, 2005.

1. it's about that time of year again. a couple more months and it will be bud season! the males should be showing up soon too, so everyone should start to be on the lookout.

here's to a good harvest for all!

Attached Files:

2. I doobieleave the sun will be the highest in the sky this very day :smoke: rock on oh, beautiful sun!! :cool:

3. Are you serious??? Today's the solstice? No shit!

I hope my plants make it through the flower... They didn't get off to a good start, and I think I fucked 'em up some...

FUCK! Gonna be a small harvest... But shit, it's free bud, so I can't complain, LOL.

4. [quote name='dylan'] the males should be showing up soon too, so everyone should start to be on the lookout. QUOTE]
    :hello: Hey dylan,
    I'm not looking for any males, my plants are all clones. :D Everyone is getting bushy and taller. By Sept. they should be just fine. Hope you have a good harvest also.
    :smoke: I.B.Token

5. I'm confused though... Are the days gonna start getting longer or shorter after today?

6. cottons...shorter...lol.

im confused its winter solstice here so started doing my winter solstice dance just like any good pagan then i realised that i should be doing it on the 21.12...tottally confused now no wounder the catholics had to give into them and put jesus day near there rivals biggest celibration.....ah fuck i moved the other side of the world thats where i fucked up....

you still got 2 months till your sex will show thats if you dont know already....

7. how about that pagans on the news at stone hendge...lol...fastest growing religion according to the tele..ses catholics are turning back to be with nature or something....looked pritty out there lol....how about that after all that time its making a come back...

sorry for the tangent but solstice triggerd me off..lol.

8. So.... Would it be way too late to take clones then? I wouldn't think so... As it's still a few months before harvest time... They should be able to get a decent size before then though... Or at least I hope so :)

9. should be 4 months befor harvest so no its not to late but your getting close...if you want to do it do it now....

10. I wish they'd show sex so I knew which ones to take clones from... This sucks, lol... Shouldn't pre-flowers come along within the next week or so? Could I wait 'til then?

11. lol...i dont know how many hrs of sun you are getting but at a gues of 16-18hrs....you wont be able to see sex for another 6-8 weeks....sorry but your going to have to take clones blind....do it now...take as many as you can care for...when they show sex leave the males as long as poss then put them in the crock pot....that will keep you out of trouble till the girls are ready...lol

12. Aren't the equinox and the solstice the same thing though? If so, then on the solstice we got 12/12, and the days are getting shorter from there... So pre-flowers would be showing soon... Unless they're not the same and the equinox falls on a different date...

13. summer solstice=longest daylight day...here its approx 16hrs sun 8 dark....winter solstice=shortest days sunlight...here approx 8hrs light 16 dark...

14. AHHH. It's all soooo clear now... Thanks for clearin that up. I thought the solstice was the same as the equinox... I'm glad they're not, or I'd be shit outta luck! LMAO!

Just for the record... Anyone know when the equinox is?

15. Cool... So I have almost 2 months (nearly to the day) left of veg time before flower. That's still an OK amount of time to get some more goin...

16. you guys make me laugh....even though i live in another country south of the equator i still know whats going on.....lol...trust me... :D .

edit..what did i say a couple of posts ago... :p ..lol

17. I have this really bad feeling that a lot of mine are gonna end up male... And I'm not tryin to take care of a bunch of males... But I guess I have no choice. Sucks ass, but oh well.

18. i know what your saying there cottons but its the only way to go now...and as i seid befor there good for butter...so what are you doing sitting there you should be cloning..lol..good luck..

laters.

19. I'm waiting for a paycheck to buy rooting hormones...