Summer in L.A.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by anerkiztjunky, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Alright so here's my story as of now....I'm 19yrs old a college student from Tx, I had a shitty summer coming, I could just tell, well if I stayed home, down in south Tx. I decided screw that shit I'm gonna go on some crazy ass adventure or something, so I packed up my things, and went north. My first stop was Oklahoma, I met up with a friend of mine from college and we went to Rocklahoma, a 3 day rock festival which was pretty sick, had a great time and saw some good bands do what they do best. After the festival I stayed in Oklahoma for a couple days to camp with my friend and her brother, shortly after I left and headed west on highway 40, it was a long drive through New Mex, Arizona, but I finally made it to where I wanted to be, well I made it past the California border. I was happy to be far from home, and to be somewhere new for a change. I drove to the city of Angels aka Los Angeles, been here about a week now. Staying in Downey area, its pretty nice, staying with a friend and her sister but shit happened so I'm on the move again. I been staying at cheap motels and anywhere I can find a place to stay, which hasn't been to hard but hasn't exactly been to comfortable either. Anyways I went to Manhattan beach, Long beach and few other spots mostly in south LA. I've also been looking and applying at every job possible from fast food, to sales, to labor gigs and all, it's not easy out here, especially on your own, with a dwindling cash supply. I gotta say I think the worst part of it all is I have been sober my whole trip, except for Rocklahoma, plenty of drinking, not enough bud. Anyways I'm not looking for a hook up since that's pretty sketchy and against the rules, but I would like some advice on places to go and things to see around LA, I been dying to go to Santa Monica pier but haven't had much luck in gettin more cash for gas, and also I don't want to go alone, but my friend who lives here is pretty busy with work most of the time. Any advice or tips or anything really would be pretty nice, just to hear some feedback really would be cool too. I wish I had bud, lol that's pretty much all I got for now, being in a shitty situation sucks, it sucks more being sober through it all, but oh well I'll manage. So any cool Cali rockers/420 enthusiasts/outdoorsy types wanna give me an idea of what I should do and see for the next week? I'll probably be here till mid to late July, not sure how with almost no money now, but it's never stopped me before, I love to travel, I like the uncertainty the open road brings, but I also love the freedom. Ok thats all, thanks to anyone who may have read through my rant.
    -Just another loner

2. you should check out signal hill in longbeach,
    and sunken city in san pedro.
    also go to malibu and check out the hiking trails

i live near the area
    :D