Summer Festivals

Discussion in 'Clubs, DJ’s and Festivals' started by Freshkush, Mar 16, 2011.

1. this summer is great if you're into festivals. who's gonna join me camping?

i'll be at hangout, bonnaroo, coachella (soo pumped).

Bonnaroo - Artists

Look at that lineup... that shit is great!

2. I am going to summer camp b/c its in my hometown. and not sure yet where else im gonna go, electric forest looks pretty good. and i heard phish might be throwin a festival at watkins glen. so i dont know

3. electric forest is gonna be fucking nuts. i really wish i could go, just cant afford to get there.

4. Ew, bonnaroo..
    Way too commercialized for my tastes. I'll be attending all good and hopefully summercamp as well. Moe.down in the late summer / early fall. Also I hope to hit a bunch of phish shows on the east coast during their summer tour.

5. anyone besides me hitting albany's big 2 (Camp Bisco in Moriahville [20 min away], Mountain Jam on Hunter Mountain [40 min away] and Electric Zoo down in NYC?

6. yeah i got a friend who says hes goin to bonnaroo...i didnt wanna say anything but i would not waste my time or money on that festie, he shud know better too, ive gone to a couple festies with him and he shud know better...hes into dubstep and electro, idk why he wants to go to bonnaroo (other than the fact that his GF is going there with him)

haha right there with ya man...DEF hitting up bisco and Ezoo...def trying to go to Starscape in baltimore also

everyones on EFF's dick, honestly i dont even think that festie looks that great, REO Speedwagon? are u fucking kidding me? Tiesto headlining with bassnectar and pretty lights? thats not random...i guarantee half the good artists at EFF will be at Bisco and bisco is soooo much more legit, first of all its their 10th year as a festie, EFF has none as of now, and no its not rothbury, its just at the same campsite...EFF is 240$ plus fees, so probly more like 270$...bisco will be 180 at the gate

this bisco lineup is seriously pissing me the fuck off tho...its mid march and they dont even have their first lineup announcement yet...like seriously, WTF

7. #7 Jeebis, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2011
    rumor has it (from a relatively trust worthy source. he owns the local beer distribution company) that bisco doesnt have their headliners in order because a) they keep adding artists and b) the bigger names aren't deffinate yet (keep fucking with the promoters, although the festie has grown alot).

although it's obvious that most of the artists from last bisco/ezoo/bonnaroo/electric forest will be there (most who've played bisco have said it's one of, if not their favorite gig every year)+ the jamband element (i.e. disco biscuits, eoto, etc.) + a strong rap presence (have heard names from Del and Opio to Cudi)....but then again...that's all hearsay.

i mean, how can you not want to be a part of a festie, on private property, where pretty much anything goes (except glass. they hate glass like, well, i dont have a comparison actually...) with everyone having a good time?

and ezoo is just rediculous (except the 4 mile walk from the island, across the bridge w/ the tolls, to the first subway station)

just sucks when you camp at bisco, but you're forced to stay near nitrous alley, lol.

8. I'll most likely be attending Starscape as well. I went last year and was literally 10 minutes too late to get a ticket. I ended up just tailgating it in the lot all night until 7 in the morning.

9. #9 RageDoses, Mar 16, 2011

yeah ive heard that about the headliners also...after what happened last year i REALLY hope bassnectar is giving them a tough time, he got fucked over and tDB did nothing to help him, they just didnt give a shit

id love for cudi to be there, they always have one big rap group for bisco at mainstage...really hoping for Cudi or BTNH...at bisco u gotta get a rap group the bisco crowd is down with...i think if they got wiz or some bullshit mainstream shit like that people would just skip that set completely...like i heard asher roth at bisco 8 had like legit 100 people at his set at mainstage LOL

last year they had part of wu tang there, it was sick, i was in the very front and at one point methodman stood up in the crowd with everyone holding him up and i was holding this dudes shoe so he could stand up, it was so cool, then he threw a HUGE blunt into the crowd and i ended up smoking it at one point, evryone just passed it around, probly soooo many diseases on that blunt LOL, i made sure to light the mouthpice in an attempt to kill all the bacteria and germs on it haha...by time i got it i bet at least 100 people had ripped it (must have been like a half ounce blunt, it was huge)

whats this suppose to mean? theres no tanks at bisco anymore dude...id almost be afraid to bring tanks there

id be nice to bring like a 20 pounder with a silencer on it if u have an RV, just for friends type thing

10. that sucks..id never travel to baltimore without buying a ticket first lol

if i were you i wouda been trying soooo hard to sneak in, im sure its do-able, where thers a will theres a way

11. lol, there are tanks. any van that's amongst the pill mills in the parking lot. or just listen late at night. you can literally find ANYTHING at bisco if you're determined (or fortunate) enough.

last time i saw the rap group's set was Gift of Gab. Bassnectar did get fucked. that's why i'm happy (and kinda surprised) he's doing a show in albany. then again, he's at The Armory which is notorious for letting people (artists and patrons) do whatever they want as long as it doesn't hurt anything/anyone. That and the guy from pretty lights said it was one of his favorite small venues.

oh well. i just want good shows and good vibes this summer. as long as i have that, i'm happy.

12. #12 RageDoses, Mar 16, 2011

id dude...tanks are NOT cool at bisco...i slpet for like 6 hours that weekend and was doing stuff the whole time...if i heard any tanks, me (and a huge crowds of spunions) would have been ALL over those tanks...there were no tanks last year at bisco, they are strict as fuck about that kinda stuff...if there were tanks, there would be a HUGE crowd right next to them and they would get busted real fast by the bikers...id LOVE for the bikers to fuck up the n2o mafia...real bikers vs pussy n2 mafia members from philly...id pay to watch that

and the armory isnt a small venue either, PL didnt even sell it out last november, even tho it is a sick venue...that place sorta sucks tho...when i saw PL there last november that show ended at fucking 11...and it took like an 90 minutes to get through the worst fucking willcall line of my life, that shit was beyond awful...besides those two things that venue is straight as fuck...ending a show at 11 is SUCH a buzzkill...openers should be starting by time 11 rolls around

i mite be going to that bassnectar show there but idk for sure, depends if i can get heads to go with me...ill be seeing him twice that week before on the 19th and 21st and my friends mihgt be a little bassnectared out by then...plus Boys Noize is in NYC the same day as nectar in albany

13. The only reason I went is because my friend owed me 50 bucks and said he would give me an extra ticket he had as compensation. So I drive 4 and 1/2 hours to baltimore and upon arriving I find out my friend sold the ticket. Needless to say I freaked the fuck out on him. I also walked around for an hour or two looking for a spot to slip in unnoticed, and couldn't find one.

14. damn dude if someone did that to me id def punch them in the face, thats bullshit

was there any way for u to sneak in at all? like even if security saw you, if you ran into a crowd of people they would probly never find you, specially if u dress like a normal person that would go to starscape, i woulda gone for it if thee was ANY chance at all

i mean u could probly pay a security guard off too...i work security and if some dude offered me 50$ to walk inside id definetly do it, ive done similar things in the past

15. bisco's lineup needs to drop now.

16. That would have been a good idea but sadly I didn't think of it at the time. I wish I did though, because I totally would have done it. Even if you get caught, what's the worst they are going to do? Kick you out? Seems worth it to me.

Either way I had my own little party in the lot, let a mafia member use my car to stash a tank and got free balloons all night. At least it wasn't a total drag. There was hundreds of people chillin on shakedown that couldn't get in.

17. i guess thats pretty cool then...but ya, unless theres cops around they would just kick you out, its all security can do, they arent cops, always remember that

18. #18 sh4dow, Mar 16, 2011
    There was the occasional cop but not immediately available. And I was always under the impression that security can't ARREST you, but they CAN hold you until the police arrive. Correct me if I'm wrong.

On a side note: Anyone hitting up all good? The lineup is sick. Furthur, Primus, PL, Galactic, UM, Keller, Sts9, moe, JBT, Yonder Mountain, Big Gigantic.

19. Bella Tempo (Harmony Park, MN) --> Wakarusa ---> Telluride --> Electric Forest --> All Good ---> Yonder Mountain Harvest Festival. If time and money work out I'd like to hit up Nateva and see some Bobby Weir, but ehh... who knows.

Looking forward to summer, hopefully Phish will add some more shows, and I'd like to see Sublime with Rome if they add any US tour dates.

20. Everyone who is waiting for the Camp Bisco lineup, its dropping today at 2 EST. i cant wait. 58 minutes at least...ya im literally counting the minutes. been waiting for weeks.

supposedly someone got a copy of it and posted it on PT but it got taken down real quick so i didnt see it, only heard something about Wiz being there. but we gotta wait and see
    57 minutes..