Summer 07 grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by BagODuff, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Ok, to start this off I have a mother plant that I took some cuttings off of to practice cloning and cutting, and also to practice with nutes in an outdoor setting.
    After 3 weeks of failure in trying to sprout seeds and get them transplanted into medium, I am cloning for the first time.
    Dr. Schultz root hormone is what im using, and followed procedures dictated in the proper forums. Thanks to all you guys for the hard work of posting good info.

18 hours in, my clones are looking healthy, heres a few shots...

Medium is 50/50 hyponex and masons sand. Standard degradable starters moistened the mix before putting clones in. I have been misting them every few hours with bottled water. Prolly switch to rainwater...

The mother plants are outdoors, I took cuttings from 2 plants, unknown strain.
    I intend to get these guys to root nicely, and then its back outside they go, in the same area of the others.

The outdoor area is secluded, in an old swampy area, sorta sandy soil. The area gets a minimum of 4 hours direct hot ass sunlight, and another 10 of indirect sun. The canopy above is only trimmable to a certain extent, and then I gotta bring in chainsaws and a mule team.

Attached Files:

2. I forgot to mention that these guys started getting light immediately, I am using 2 20w Compact floros, daylight bulbs, with a combined total of 13000 lumen's. I can put a third one in there, and was thinking about using a 75w Reveal just to add to the spectrum. They are on 24/0 light atm. Is that cool?

3. Clones are looking healthy, no change in size. healthy deep green color, trim points healed over and stems are stiff and resilient. Been misting them every few hours. Waiting for some sure sign that roots have taken, dont want to pull one up to look. no point in new pics as they look the same.

4. Sounds good 24/0 is fine.

5. Added a third cfl to the mix two days ago, gave them a break and left lights off a nite or 2. Added 2 rose clones also, 3-5 days in added them to the light. going off of basic cloning procedures and same supplies.
    Thinking about putting them outside as the sun is back out again after more then 3 days of constant rain. grow site should be nice and moist, havent checked it in a week or so. Might do that before the weekend is over.
    Thanks vtec, wasnt sure about the amount of light.

6. Any time.
    Good luck. I will be watching.

7. i checked the mother plants and grow sites over the weekend, water water everywhere....
    moist is fine, mud leaves tracks others can see...
    the one Sativa plant almost doubled in size, bout 3.5' tall already. really coming into form, tall and slim. ill give her a 4 on the stinky meter.
    other plants are different, prolly some kind of indica. a bit more bushy, and broader leaved. Tallest of the bunch, is over 6' already, zero stink, and im thinking its a male. someone told me once that males grow faster. dont know if its true or not. out of the seven plants at site 3, 6 stink, one rates a 7 or so, very smelly.

more clones
    since i was at the site, i took 4 more clones. the plants i left outside for a day got rained on really bad, totally soaked em. its raining again, and im not sure if they are going to make it.its raining so bad, the satellites been out for an hour.
    the 4 new clones are under almost 20k of lumens at a combined total of 60 watts. going to leave them lit for at least 3 days.

8. The second batch is doing ok for the moment. One might have something chewing on it tho. Not sure if that ones gonna make it. Ill put pics up later, might be more trouble than its worth atm.
    The first batch is surviving outside. No real change in growth, still trying to get them dried out. Hopefully it wont rain tomorrow, and they can get some sun. Its been close to 100% humidity outside tho. Not much drying going on.

9. Rained yesterday, and today...
    Ill be checking site this weekend, gonna take some stuff over to them this time. I use miracle grow concentrate(for vegetables) i think last time i mixed it sorta strong, the bottom fan leaves had a little yellow halo to them after i hit them. I also use another concentrate, basically sugar beet juice. i use it in my garden also, with the miracle grow. I would like to keep my grows as organic as possible, I wont feed them anything I wouldnt put in my vegetable garden.

side note on first clone batch...
    its been 2 weeks, and besides the over watering from the rain, they havent really made any significant growth. they look healthy, but not any bigger.
    second batch is doing fine, everyone is hanging in there. I soooo hafta pick up a PH meter.

10. not sure whats going on with my plants. i havent given them anything lately, so im not over nute'ing them. see pic. we are on the tail end of alot of rain. havent had any rain tho in 2 days, and its been hot. 90+ hot.

Attached Files:

11. looks line an N(nitrogen) deficiency in the soil, add blood meal, guano, or fert. with N in it.

12. a round of blood meal for everyone then...
    hit the clones with a pinch before watering them. next couple of days will tell. ill head out to the site tomorrow sometime and take some stuff out for them.
    thanks aperson

13. Yeah I agree it looks like nitrogen hungry but I also think that white stuff is some kind of bug damage. If you have some neem oil I would spray them and repeat spraying every 5 days until bugs are gone.

14. I looked for neem oil and a ph kit while i was at the store last nite, negative on the neem oil, and the only ph kits i can find are the one use deals. how often would i test my soil at 4$ a pop?? (besides initial spring planting)
    clones are lookin sick btw, the rose clones look even worse. ill get pics up soon, before they die hopefully lol.
    ill head to the nursery later this week for some other supplies. thanks vtec.

15. Anytime.
    If no neem oil see if they have eight, insecticide soap or anything that kills bugs. Even if it is not organic do something. I don't want them to get killed. You can put some dish soap in water and spray them. That sometimes works. Get a hydro pH liquid tester used for pools or hydroponics. Those are cheap and can test pH many times. Even that piece of crap Rapitester soil probe will give you a general idea of pH. They both go for about $5.95 Good luck

16. went out to the site tonite right before dusk. took 4 liters and 1.5 gallons of water and nutes. i mixed a half cup of bloodmeal in 1/2 gallon of water, miracle gro, and juice in other bottles already mixed.
    leaves on the towering 7 were still yellowing from the bottom up. the other 3, planted in separate locations (slight bit shadier) were in outstanding shape. i fed everyone the same amounts, hopefully i wont kill these guys with too strong a hit. it looked like it was gonna rain before i went out, so i was hoping for a lil extra h20 from up above.
    i took another 2 clones since i was there, and trimmed up a lil. the first batch of clones are dying i think, they are drying at the tips and looking ill. the second batch is awful looking cept for one which looks strong. i pulled one of the sick ones out to check the roots, and there was a tiny lil thread of a root, and that was it.
    i also clipped a half dozen leaves and dried em out under a lamp. built a decent joint out of em. im pretty stoney atm. lol
    ill be checking for a pool ph tester in the next couple days, thanks for that tidbit vtec.

17. The clones have left the building...and the property. All ten died, for one reason or another.
    I took nutes to the site the other day and checked on things. Everything looks good so far, I didnt kill everyone with the miracle gro and the bloodmeal.
    Just a note, if I ever forget this...
    Never, Ever leave nutes outside, mixed, and in the sun....
    The heat cooked my sugar beet juice, and ummm turned it.
    Reminds me of some of the smells youd come across walkin through the bush, stumbling on a rotting....
    well anyway...
    We need some water, the rain got turned off all of a sudden and I gotta shlep some h20 tomorrow.
    Sprouted 30-40 seeds over the weekend. 10 died, i think the soil was sour. Tossed the lot in the trash, started the rest in a bucket again. Looking healthy so far, they should take a trip and find a new home next weekend.
    Woots....
    Still havent made it to the nursery, got summer finals to study for lol.

18. ...insert rain dance here ...

19. hehehe...
    that shit worked.