sum q's

Discussion in 'Absolute Beginners' started by treees, Mar 8, 2004.

1. this is my first post on this site but i have been viewing it for a while and now and i have decided to started growing and participating in all forums. i have read mutiple grow guides and have seen wht problems other have members have encountered and now i feel that im am ready to start my first grow. im here to see if wht i have set up will work and will provide a good healthy crop.......

i have a limited budget and limited room to grow. i plan on growing two plants in seperate tall boxes indoors

wht i have set up so far:
    -tall rectangular box(have to use stealth)
    -3 gallon pot
    -miracle grow soil
    -multiple floresent lights
    -seeds

am i missing anything important??

2. A few more questions:

1. During the estimated 10 weeks of growth wht weeks or stages should i start changing lighting schedules (ex: 24/0 12/12)

2. Could someone explain how to dry and cure buds once tey are fully develped.

3. Would it help to line the walls of my box with tinfoil to reflect light

4. How would i fertilize the plant to help it grow while its already started growing

3. HIGH All, welcome to the City treees!!!!!!

tall rectangular box? What size is it?

3 gallon pot....perfect.

miracle grow soil...no it has fertilizer for plants that are Already established.

multiple floresent lights...yes they work.

During the estimated 10 weeks of growth wht weeks or stages should i start changing lighting schedules (ex: 24/0 12/12)...depends on your room size and how big you want to grow them.

Could someone explain how to dry and cure buds once tey are fully develped...here is a good explanation of how to cure...too lazy today to explain and type...*LOL*.

Would it help to line the walls of my box with tinfoil to reflect light...no. Get Mylar to line your box or Flat White Paint.

How would i fertilize the plant to help it grow while its already started growing...plants need ferts every week (after 2 weeks old)....then the last week just water (Flushing).

Have fun...

4. ight thanks ill have to change a few things.
    wht kind of soil u recomend
    wht is flushing
    wht kind of fert should i use

i was also thinkin of switching from florecent bulb to a hps with high lumens and low watts(as long as it isnt too much but it would end up being a good investment)....then i should be set...

thanks for the info

5. I'm a newbie on my first grow, so others can correct me if I'm wrong, but something I've found out already might help you. Something to consider if you're choosing whether to go flouros or HPS is HEAT. Flouros aren't as powerful but they don't give off much heat. HPS burns hot so you will definitely need a fan (quite a powerful one too), plus a decent exhaust system in your flower chamber. Otherwise your plants will fry.

Plants veg great under cool flouros and it's a lot easier to control the envionrment. Only thing I don't know is how well plants flower under warm flouros (I don't have that set-up). Why don't you post a question and see if anyone here is having any success with warm flouros?

Hope this helps.

Hope they're ladies

6. wht is the safest way to get seeds without getting into trouble... like good websites that dont care... and that dont send stuff through customs(i hear that if you buy from canada the seeds wont go through customs if u live in the U.S like i do)

would i encounter any trouble if i ordered from a north american seed company??

i live in new york

7. if i were to buy a 1000 watt bulb how much extra money would it cost a month if i kept it on for a full month?

8. since this is your first run, i wouldnt worry to much about investing in genetics. i would jus stick with the bagseed for practice. a 1000 watt hps bulb i think is everyones dream and goal, realisticly its not practical for your grow i wouldnt bother with it if you live in an apt. its jus too much of a hazard. 400 watts would prolly be more up your alley. not only will it be easier on your lectric bill (prolly an increase of 10 dollars running 12/12 for 8-10 weeks) and much easier to control temperature wise. now i see youre going with rec boxes for the chambers. you may want to read into a scrog for maximium bud production. i know you will ask what a scrog is, jus type a search. :) like unoit, im even MORE lazier to post you a link ;)

Grasscity Deals Near You