sulphate issue

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by budman22, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Hey everyone I have a small problem with my outdoor plants.
    One of my grape apes has some lime colored leaves that are getting slightly yellower. All of my plants also have a barky appearance on my stems so I know its a sulphate issue my question is do any of you have any good nutrients to fix this problem or any advice for me.
    Thanks guys

2. The barky appearance is just what happens to MJ when it starts mature/flower. Same goes for the yellowing leaves, are the ones your talking about the big, older fan leaves towards the bottom of your plant?

3. The entire plant is yellowing and turning limeish. the leaves are also curling and twisting.
    I have been doing more research and it seems that two of my plants may have leaf blight? not really sure what it is need to look more into it but they have spotting on alot of the fan leaves. Brown and blackish spots.

4. oh well thats not good, get some pics up

5. I would hold off treating the sulfate problem untill you exhaust some more common problems.

I have been doing this for a while and I know in years past I have jumped the gun on deficiency problems and have done more harm than good.

I would check the pH of your water or soil, If it is too low or too high..

Depending on your pH, you might have nutrient lockout.. Meaning there is plenty of sulphate in the soil, its just that your plant cant absorb it because of the pH. When you add more fertilizer, you throw off the pH even more. Making the problem even worse.

If you are using a good base fertilizer system, chances are it has all the sulfate you would need.

Spring for a good soil pH meter and if its off, slowly bring it back.

Pics would help a ton...

6. Not a fan of putting pics on any websites I know alot of people that have been caught like that. I will check the PH value of the water thank you for your advice I appreciate it.

7. No prob, I dont blame you. Good luck with it. If you do a search for "nutrient lockout" you can find a ton of info on it as well as ways to correct it..

8. I would guess nutrient lock as well. I have a Kangen machine and i make my water w/e ph i need it to be for my fert mix. I always water with 7.0 when i am just giving them straight water. it seems I can throw as many nutes as I can imagine at my plants now that I have my water sorted out.