Suitcase Weed.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RedSorcerer, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Yup, that's right, you heard me.
    Suitcase.
    First grow of '08
    =]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. i know nothing of growing so i cant really offer anything here, other than thats sexy! :) very cool idea!

3. lol very nice

4. hope it works out and there is enough space.

5. is that fan held on with thumbtacks? ;)

6. thats awesome, your awesome, awesome idea. hahaha

7. I'm just ghetto like that :cool:

8. HAHA..........Great idea M8 !!! Looks cool

I'd love to see some1 try get tru an airport with that suitcase :D

9. Hey guys, I'm re-rigging the fans to get some fresh air in there.
    Do you think I would get away with my one 80mm as an intake if I just add a small hole near the top for the heat to escape?

10. I prefer the word 'innovative' lol :D

11. Well put =]
    Urghh, this thing gave me so much friggen stress last night.
    Since it's my own homemade rig, I have to troubleshoot a bit.
    And last night it just kept falling apart.
    It's fixed up now, but I'm pushing temps of 85+ Far.
    Not perfect.
    Anywho, I'll be perfecting the fan system today.

12. Temporary new setup: [​IMG]

And here's my baby:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

:smoking:

13. 85 F*, try to get it down atleast another 5 degrees.

Also I do not think you are going to have enough space, enless you are going to transplant it out of the cup and out of the suitcase.

14. That plant is s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g...

15. That is a great idea, how big can the plant gonna grow? And what's that big white thing beside the plant? Also, what's the point of the fan if the suitcase is not open to outer environment? (Sorry I know nothing about indoor growing)
    I'm very very interested in stealth planting! Please tell me more!

16. Yes, I know, I noticed two days ago and immediately moved it two inches closer to the light.

17. I believe the "big white thing" you're referring to is my secondary fan.
    That red little 80mm computer fan in the first few pics failed on me and nearly caught the house on fire.

So that was my backup.
    Unfortunately it's loud, and due to the lack of a proper intake and exhaust, not very effective.

There's two holes in the covered back end of the suitcase to promote at least some fresh air circulation, but so far, there's a constant temp of 80-85F.

I'm living with the rents this semester at college so it's about as stealthy as it gets.

18. I'm also living in a college apartment, and I will be living there next year, so I think I might do that as well. Which types of fans do you have? Do you know?
    I sure don't want to get my suitcase caught on fire, trigger the fire alarm, get the residence cops there and bust me with my weed...
    Are the fans primarily for circulation or for cooling?
    Also, what strain are you growing?
    (What's the lightbulb type/wattage/color?)

Thanks!

19. Just remember, this suitcase grow is suitable for 1 or 2 plants at the absolute maximum.
    If that's the way you want to go, I have a little sharper image desk fan in there, but I personally would recommend against it for this kind of grow. The fan's only there to strengthen the stem of my plant. It does a decent job of air circulation, but almost no cooling.

I have yet to figure out an optimum fan setup for this environment, but I'm working on it, so bear with me.

Not growing any particular strain, just some bagseed from my club pickup of "Mr. Nice Guy Kush."

Lightbulb is a standard 24 Watt CFL (100W equiv.) It's enough for one plant in this scenario although I probably will be getting a second one soon =]

Let me know if you have any further questions, I'm always happy to help.

20. Me too, I'm only thinking about growing one to two plant. I think the earliest I'll start is this spring, latest is this fall.

How does the fan strengthen the stem of the plant? Also, do you have the fan pull air in or push air out?