suicide less dangerous than drugs?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by kzle, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Just wanted to hear other peoples thoughts on the, question i guess you could call it, if drugs are illegal because they are self harming, why is suicide legal (or other acts of self harm such as cutting yourself)? I think its an interesting point to make. What are your thoughts? :smoke:

2. Suicide isn't legal. You can get sent to a mental institution for attempted suicide

3. Well, before posting this i did do some research on whether it is or is not legal, it does vary from country to country, but some places such as canada, Australia, Ireland (just to name a few) no longer class suicide as a criminal offense. I understand your point though, but i must then ask the same question but with other methods of self harm such as cutting yourself, i mean i havnt heard of people going to jail for cutting themself??

4. Suicide is illegal, they are going to have to charge me over my dead body though!

5. Because suicide is seen as a viable choice by a population of old people in certain situations.

6. if you are caught attempting suicide though, then you wont have the same punishment as if you are caught using illicit drugs. Obviously it depends on the case, but for example, if you jump out of the 4th story and broke several bones, you wouldnt get an as bad a sentence as if you were caught using heroin, where the health or mental consequences arnt always as sever as almost dying and other serious health problems mentioned in the example.

7. what about young people though?

8. From my experience on the matter, people aren't punished with charges for attempting to take their life, more so they are tried to give help. Usually they will commit you to a mental facility for 72 hours to make sure you're not at a danger to yourself or others.

I don't think the first reaction is to charge them with a crime as much as it is to help them with what's wrong.

9. Lol suicide is illegal, come and arrest me in hell you motherfucking pigs! lol

10. Suicide is less dangerous.

If I want to die and choose to kill myself, I win.
    If I don't want to die, OD on various drugs, I lose.

11. Is it still called suicide if you accidentally kill yourself? Like, accidental suicide?

12. Now come on...THIS is funny. nobody else? really?!

"I wonder what the charges are? Hopefully the death penalty!" HA!....ahem....

Puns are classic dude...touche':smoke:

13. According to definition (which I just looked up out of curiosity) the term 'accidental suicide' is an oxymoron.

Suicide: The action of killing oneself intentionally: "he committed suicide at the age of forty".

14. I don't know about the dangers, but suicide is less addictive, I would think.

One and done.:D

15. Drugs aren't illegal because they are self harming...

Have you heard of TOBACCO?