Suicide attempt holding up traffic on 401?

Discussion in 'General' started by Wet Horse Lips, Jul 27, 2009.

1. My mom just called saying traffic is backed up because some guy is trying to hang himself off of an overpass somewhere on the 401. Either that, or he's trying to jump. Apparently there are a lot of police there, and people are out of their cars trying to talk to this guy.

What the fuck...

2. dAM thats crazy, hope he relises its a fucking stupid decision.
    i dude jumped from the 6th story of a mall in syracuse NY last summer, right where people were walking...

3. [ame=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/30961873#30961873]msnbc.com Video Player[/ame]
    tell your mom to do that

4. they have this sign at Golden Gate Bridge.

Attached Files:

5. I'll never understand the need to end your own life

6. I don't know why people can't just talk to the man like a normal person. For instance there was a guy walking down a street I was on, saying "Fuck this! I hate everyone, what the fuck!" obviously he was mad so I went to go talk to him. I said "Hey bro, you're pretty unique wanna talk for shits and giggles?" He came back at me with "Fuck you man! I'll fucking kill you skinny prick!" well, then I said "Hey man I'm not looking for any trouble and I think you're capable of doing what you say, but I really do think you're a good person"

From there we talked for an hour and I probably saved someones life, if not his.

7. what an asshole

8. if your going to kill yourself, do it in the privacy of your own home or at least when nobody is around.

9. and i hope you never do!

that video was awesome by the way, that guy fuckin rocks!

10. Fuck i dident mean to put I i meant to put A, and some douchebags took pictures of the dudes lifeless body...

11. lol, i didnt notice you wrote "i" until you posted that

its just really selfish seriously

i have a friend, who's brother committed suicide
    hung himself, and let his mom find his corpse in his room

some fucked up shit
    especially when you see all the ppl that were hurt by this(he was a party animal, so he had lots of friends)

12. dam, shits fucked up.

13. Suicide is shitty but so is the mental health care system.

14. Exact same situation for me, man. Best friend, though.

15. Thats crazy I think I may have saw that today. Traffic was backed up for miles and there where a whole bunch of cops and a few ambulances blocking traffic at a high traffic bridge going over the 401. Could be a coincidence.

Do you know where this happened?

16. suicide is a hard thing to grasp if you cant contemplate doing it to yourself. some peopple do it because they see no point in going on living with the pain they have to face in there daily lives, either it be physical, mental or emotional. when you contemplate suicide, you dont think about others, just yourself, but it isnt to be confused with being "selfish". like i said, alot of people do it to just end the pain there in, and some do that because they feel they have nobody that would miss them, that they have done too much harm to others for anybody to care. obviously, there is a HUGE spectrum of reasons, but you have to think is that person better off living the life they were delt? IMO, some people have it so bad that the only thing that they truly see as the only solution is death. dont flame me for this (probly useless saying that) but when your depressed, you feel like nobody is there for you even if somebody or alot of people are, it isnt like there in the right state of mind where there happy. being depressed, you feel alone, cold, and like your just worthless.

now im not saying suicide is the "right" thing to do, but for the suicidals its all THEY see as the right thing to do.

17. well i had a "friend"(i knew him, used to hang out in school, and did duster with him in 9th grade, but never hung out outside of school) his girlfriend jumped out of his car to commit suicide, b/c they were in a fight
    well cops started investigating, and we're really considering that he pushed her out of the car (how he could have unbuckled her seatbelt, opened her door, and actually pushed her out, idk) well he shot himself, and one of my good friends found him in the car(harsh for her)
    i think he thought he was gonna go to jail for a very very long time, and figured death would be better

idk, i still dont think that anyone who fathoms that idea, and pulls through with it has any sort of (idk the word, maybe "rep", but thats not very good either, hopefully you know what im talking about)