Suicidal Thoughts

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Windex83, Nov 28, 2009.

1. I was wondering if anyone else here gets them? How do you cope with them? I currently take abilify and citalopram. I live in tx so no med cards yet. What do you do when you get them? Seems like when i reach out to someone its not a big deal, or maybe im not giving enough information. Oh well. Any advice Blades?

2. i just lost a friend to suicide and all i can say is you are young and have alot of life to live. is it really worth devastating the people who love you and are close with you?

3. Things always get better.

4. I have never actually wanted to kill myself... but there have been times where I felt I'd literally be better off dead. I struggle with anxiety and manic depression it seems, dunno, never been to a psychiatrist... but you just have to realize there are high highs in life and low lows, it will never change, but your perspective and your outlook on life can. Realize things are good and bad, learn to enjoy them both.

God bless you and keep tokin'

5. Your probably unhappy with your life.

get off those pills and explore:wave:

6. listen to music....
    once u put on your fav song..ur gunna start gettin into it and forget all bout those stupid thoughts

and im pretty sure EVERYONE has suicidal thoughts, its just how you act upon those feelings

7. honestly I was pretty suicidal until I took hallucinogens and started to believe that after death our concsiousnesses combine to one with everyone else that ever existed and will exist. So, I realized, if I cut my life short, I'll be visiting everyone and everyone is going to be like, "was it worth it?" and I know with infinit time to think about it i'll still think, it's not worth it.

8. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GygEAcFFMVs]YouTube - Suicidal Thoughts - Biggie (Original Version)[/ame]

9. I thought about sucide once, then i decided i'd rather stay alive and see what happens. I'll die one day so might as well enjoy the ride till I arrive at that moment.

10. ... no doubt, suicidal thoughts can actually be a catalyst to some really cool shit in life if you flip it right.

When I get suicidal I just calm down and think about all the cool shit I'm going to do in life, and I use the suicidal impulses or whatever to help remind me that I can risk anything. I mean, if I'm willing to contemplate taking myself off the planet, then why NOT just build out that grow room? Why not smoke as much weed as I want and enjoy life on my rules?

I find a lot of MY impulses spring out of the fact that my life doesn't fit into some preconceived notion of what I thought my life was going to become, or that my current reality isn't somehow "up to par" with what it should be. And you know what? It just causes me to turn the volume up on my dreams and hopes and aspirations. Because if you start filling yourself with goals and things you want to do while you are here on this earth it'll start to counteract all the depression, at least it does in me.

When those dark thoughts come around I simply remind myself that I haven't done everything here in life yet. I have a feeling that I'll be able to tell myself that until I die one day of natural causes because life is so BIG that there is always something to look forward to.

What is it that turns you on, gets you going? Travel? Food? Music? Art? Videogames? Whatever! Just think about it and find some stuff to dive into and get excited about. If you like herb, maybe dream up a scheme to have your own garden, or whatever.

Also if you have a close friend or someone you can trust, maybe just setup like a nice easy code phrase you can use when you're feeling way down so that they know you need to talk or listen or whatever it is that gets you through it. It's way easier to have a close friend that you can call and just be like "I'm have one of those days" and have them know that means you need to talk to someone for a minute than having to try and explain your situation each time you need a ear or whatever. It especially helps if you have someone you can trust enough to kind of talk to about your mental history just enough so that they can kind of help you handle whatever it is you're walking through.

and of course, if you ever are at the breaking point and can't handle it remember you can ALWAYS go to an ER and simply tell the attendant that you are worried about harming yourself.

Better a few days talking to doctors and getting some help than stepping over to the other side before your time.

11. thats exactly how i am. :D

12. THIS. whenever i feel down, i will first try to calm myself down and when im ready to do something ill put on a good song that I like.

I agree with this too, thogh i have nit been to the point where i actually WANTED to hurt myself or have gone to a hospital, i have had some suicidal thoughts where i just thought my life wasnt worth the time here. But what do you have without life? your sub-concious only dreams for about 40 days after you die, sortof connected to the "everything flashes before your eyes before death" thing. Anyway, just think of EVERYTHING that you havent experienced in life yet, setting goals can help but they are not always realistic. Im sure you have things to look forward to in the future, why cut that short? Harming yourself is probably the most selfish thing you can do, and if you DO decide to attempt suicide, and you fail, think of the legal consequences and how you will be treated after that. Think about how good you have it now. Theres always another day, and even if taht day is the day we all get wiped off this Earth, then at least you can experince that, and maybe be at peace with yourself then. The end result just aint worth it, bro. good luck and youll be back on your feet soon. :):wave:

13. Looking at funny pictures on the internet, laughing at other people that are more misfortunate than myself.

14. well when i used to have suicidal thoughts.. I would just think that it's not worth killing myself, im hurting more people then anything. I'm being a pussy. the cowards are. Just man up

15. word bro.

16. Have you had a complete physical to rule out all potential biological causes of mood disorders such as thyroid problems, vitamin deficencies, neurological issues, metabolic diseases?

Also, have you considered looking into cognitive therapy. It works just as well as the meds for many people

Cognitive Therapy for Depression - January 1, 2006 -- American Family Physician

17. I always think of sucide, matter of fact i'm thinking about it now. Personaly it's the ultimate control factor, the only thing you can control is when to leave this place. Life is fucked, well if you choose to make it so.

I cope with it by thinking maybe one day I will move away from this area most likley to somewhere in austrailia or New Zealand in a city area or farm area where i can grow my herb read/write/do what I want to do. I also want to travel this world before I go it would be ashamed not to do so.

18. Drop 10 hits of acid

19. #20 Postal Blowfish, Nov 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2009
    Are you talking about suicidal urges (impulses) or are you in the planning phase? If it's just urges, that's pretty normal. People might not want to admit it, but I'm sure most of us have had an urge to do something suicidally stupid at some point even if we couldn't explain it. People are going to feel morally inclined to disagree with me on that, but it's more or less true.

If you are actually beginning to justify it and planning ways of accomplishing it, then you are in a state of mind that almost certainly none of us can relate to. The only option if you are even doubting that you want to do it is to seek professional therapy asap.

edit: I stand corrected, someone suggested an examination to rule out physical disorders that could contribute to your state of mind. That's a good first step, but it's likely that this process would eventually involve a psychiatrist.