Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Suicidal Thoughts

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by lancedance, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Some times when I smoke weed I get these suicidal thoughts and really messed up thoughts. This has happened twice so far and is really awkward to me because I heard weed was supposed to do the exact opposite. I'm sure it wasen't laced on account of it was my sister who I got it from and coke or crack would have a lot different effect. What would happen is I would get these really messed up thought about the worst kinds of torture and pain and I get really panicked and have think that killing myself would end the craziness quickly and actually considered doing it. Is this weed doing it, since this was some really good weed and I'm used to smoking more mids then dank, or is there something wrong with me that I don't know.

Also I don't have a history of any mental disorders and neither is it in my genes.

2. Well, some people just aren't meant to use marijuana. Most people don't like it, so it's not like you're weird or anything. Maybe stick with the mids, if they didn't cause these thoughts. Good luck.

3. Stop smoking and get professional help.

4. Psychedelics can sometimes show you things your not prepared to see, id say stop smoking and don't start again until you feel your stable.:)

5. AGREED!!!!!!!!!

go get help.

6. Are you on any pharmaceutical drugs?

7. I have a simple method to test this,

Grab bag of weed,
    Smoke the whole bag,
    if you reply in the morning your cured,
    if you dont, you prob died. Sorry.

8. #8 IMME, Aug 17, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
    this site is gay

9. What's funny about it? If the OP is serious and not just trolling it could be very serious. Of course I guess it's possible you get lulz from someone potentially hurting themself :rolleyes:

10. Well if I get the thoughts only when I smoke why would I quit smoking then get help? And no I don't plan on quitting nor did I ask how to get rid of them I am asking where the problem comes from not how to treat it.

11. No but I finished using acutane a few months back.

12. Because the odds are good that if you have thoughts like that while smoking then you have some underlying problem. I'm not dissing you; I'm saying that out of concern for a fellow blade.

It's not even a little bit normal to have such thoughts while using cannabis. If you don't want advice don't ask questions.

Best of luck to you.

13. well everyone pokes a little fun, hell even i do, but if your surious, pot is something you shouldn't smoke, i think if you want advice and such, you shouldn't be so hostile to people extending their hands trying to help you, Why post here if your going to shoot down every form of help, maybe your problems are deeper, maybe something happened when you were younger but todays advice and problem solving just surpress the issue and not resolve the issue and when you smoke the issue of your past exposes its self and you not knowing how or why but the fact you think of death as a possible answer is a major sign of depression. Did you lose a love one or something tramaic happend when you were a kid ? I only get so-so deep with the wake n bakes, so i dunno how much help you need or how much help i can give in a hour or so lol. just take it easy man,

14. “When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself.”

quote - Bob Marley

15. Seems there are a lot of side effects, and clinical depression is one of the major ones. Do you exhibit signs of depression when you're not smoking?

Isotretinoin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Either way, you should undoubtedly seek help.

16. I beg to differ.

17. You need therepy.

18. Therapy:

OP: "Listen, Doc, whenever I smoke really strong weed I get suicidal thoughts."

Shrink: "Stop smoking it. That will be two hundred and fifty dollars, please.". :hello:

19. Acutane has caused people to kill themselves before. If smoking does that, then don't smoke. Its really quite simple, its because it might make you think more, sometimes I think about sad things if thats whats on my mind when I'm high, and its not fun but it doesn't sound nearly as bad as yours.

20. I hear acutane can mess you up. I had a friend using it...she got kinda weird.
    Could be that.
    You may just have to wait it out...or stop smoking for a few days.

Ask people you are close to to smoke with you so you don't go and off yourself. Thats kinda important.

Best of luck.