Suggestions welcome

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by theylive, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Hello, this is my first grow and I’m 7 weeks into veg and it’s bag seed. She’s under a 20/4 LED 300 cycle.
    A couple of questions, what would you guys recommend as far as defoliation goes ( how much?) as there are a bunch of new leaves under the fan leaves.
    As shown in the photo, I’ve seen bite marks but haven’t seen any pests besides white flies and what I believe were aphids early on. I treat w/ neem oil and Diatomaceous earth on a regular basis. Any ideas on what this pest could be?
    As far as my grow room situation goes I have a nice size tent but I’d prefer to use a closet, but the size is 3 feet wide, But the depth is only about a foot and a half, and I’ve got a northern lights and a white widow auto going right now and the plan was to transplant the bag seed plant outdoors. Do you think the small space (depth) would be a problem with the growth on the two autos? I’ve got enough width and height in the closet.
    I would appreciate any insight or suggestions. Thank you!

IMG_3004.JPG IMG_3005.JPG IMG_3006.JPG IMG_3008.JPG IMG_3003.JPG IMG_3009.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I think the leaf damage looks like tears/handling damage. Do you have a cat/dog? Or maybe when you've move them and caught them leaf on something when it was smaller, I don't know doesn't look much like an insect damage anyway unless it was a rogue caterpillar.

The plants look like they have nitrogen toxicity. If you're feeding them it's too strong. It maybe doesn't need a flush and will be fine with a good soak of plain water instead of feeding for a couple of times.

There's definitely some scope to remove some of those massive fan leaves which are covering everything up, if for no other reason then to let the air circulate. I would be pro removing half a dozen from the lower half of the plant.

The picture of them in the tent, the front one is praying up to the lights not because it loves it but through stress, and the one behind it leaning over trying to get under the light. You can even see the front plant, only half of it is in the full beam of the light there's a clear divide. Raise the light 4-6 inches and get a better spread covering a larger area. Yes it seems less optimum but it will actually give more light to the lower/backside parts of the plants overall.

One and a half feet of depth should be pretty adequate as long as you have the width and height also, which it sounds like you do for 2 plants side-by-side.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Looks like you have nitrogen toxicity

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thank you so much for the response. I Will Do you as you suggested tonight as far as removing some of the fan leaves.
    I was really concerned about nitrogen toxicity at the beginning as they have always had a dark green color, thought it may just be genetics? I’m using Fox Farms ocean forest, and starting using their nutrients line at 1/4 strength about 3 weeks into veg. Once a week. Humidity, temp, and ph are all good. I’m using the same regime on the northern lights and white widow and those leaves are a nice lime green color. I may hold off feeding for a couple of weeks and just use plain water and see if it lightens up.

I will also adjust my lighting and would you recommend adding another led light? Again, I really appreciate your comments and insight. Thanks

5. As well as being really dark green, which can be fine, the leaf tips turning down at the end and the smaller under-leaves clawing, are signs of nitrogen overdose. Different plant strains have different tolerances so maybe these ones are just a bit sensitive.

Taking a closer look you have two LEDs running in that tent, definitely raise them up a bit so they actually flood the whole canopy and I don't think there's need to add any more.lights.

• Like Like x 1
  6. So I wound up transplanting outdoors A couple of weeks ago and some balls just showed up a couple of days ago, a real bummer as this was my first plant but everything is a learning experience. Time to cut him down IMG_3198.JPG
    IMG_3199.JPG

7. Sorry friend

• Like Like x 1
  8. Why would you do that? you not growing it in a closed tent or closet with other females like some of the guys here. Its a healthy plant let it grow and cut it down for hash later when its bushy as hell, its not like you got 6 more females growing on the side right now.

Sent from my ASUS_X00ID using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  9. I didn’t consider hash, I’ll research it a little bit further and I don’t want to cut it down but I thought it would be pretty much useless unless I wanted to breed. Thanks for the reply

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah would like to see what you be able to do.

Sent from my ASUS_X00ID using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. Then, since it's outside and away from everything else, use it for practice. If nothing else you'll still gain some growing experience so it won't be a total loss.

Just be careful you don't carry any pollen inside to your girlies

• Like Like x 1